THW's Power Rankings Through 5 Games

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild ranking seems fair. Injuries...I'm personally not holding out much hope for more than a bottom ten performance while we're this messed up.

member 290103

What a joke, Leaf's at #4? They are light years ahead of all other teams.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
You are brave to put the Leafs 5th.

Right because everyone who produced lofty projections this season the Leafs or Auston Matthews just got sainted by you guys.... anyone who projected Matthews as a top ten player was practically burned in effigy by you guys. The brave placement would have been to put the Leafs higher, which they probably deserve.

Reactions: Lilou

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Right because everyone who produced lofty projections this season the Leafs or Auston Matthews just got sainted by you guys.... anyone who projected Matthews as a top ten player was practically burned in effigy by you guys. The brave placement would have been to put the Leafs higher, which they probably deserve.

Case in point.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Case in point.

Sure...like do you want me to pull up the offseason reaction threads to Matthews projections I just referred to and compare them with the start he has had(in that crazy place called) real life? Also I wouldn't have posted anything on this if not for your victim complex post and my post was not primarily about the Leafs placement....nevermind, I mean this is the kind of troll job that is just accepted as content here sometimes so good day to you.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
My understanding of the rationale behind Power Rankings is who CURRENTLY would win a 7 game series against the other teams. Teams would generally beat the teams ranked below them and lose to teams above them.

This would allow for teams to drop an unlimited number of spots, not dictate their position based on last week's place (especially since we're only like 2 weeks into the season!). Oilers should be lower and Vegas should be higher.

That said, I'm quite pleased with the Flames position! TSN kept them middle of the pack even though they were the only team to beat LA which they moved to like 3rd! And that was BEFORE the 6-0 whooping from Sens to boot!

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Get used to it guys. It doesn't matter how good the leafs are playing. Putting them anywhere in the top 10 power rankings will rile up non leaf fans. You see it already.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Get used to it guys. It doesn't matter how good the leafs are playing. Putting them anywhere in the top 10 power rankings will rile up non leaf fans. You see it already.

Naw, it's because this is the dreaded year of 50% of HF's new registrations being leaf fans and making the mainboards unreadable.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Naw, it's because this is the dreaded year of 50% of HF's new registrations being leaf fans and making the mainboards unreadable.
A good chunk of the new wave of Hf registrations are old users(had mine for 15 years) who couldn't log back in with their original usernames after the change.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Thanks for proving our point.

Y'all know you don't have to repeat the same point 4 times right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad