News Article: THW Top Ten Calgary Flames Prospects, Winter 2014 Edition

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
But if we do win the lottery? We take Ekblad, no?

I have a feeling Burke and Co would take Reinhart. This is for several reasons, some of them obvious.

1. Burke and the Flames have already stated they are aiming for the quick rebuild. I think they see Gio as being around when the rebuild is over. For that reason, I think we are more likely to take the faster developing forward.

2. Outside of Monahan our top-6 centers are up in the air. Every team, for the most part to win a cup in the last 10 years has had outstanding top-6 centers. Adding Reinhart would do that.

3. Max is already in the system and I can just see the Flames playing up that angle.

4. Dmen tend to fall in the draft. The Flames also don't have a good history of taking Dmen high in the draft.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I have a feeling Burke and Co would take Reinhart. This is for several reasons, some of them obvious.

1. Burke and the Flames have already stated they are aiming for the quick rebuild. I think they see Gio as being around when the rebuild is over. For that reason, I think we are more likely to take the faster developing forward.

2. Outside of Monahan our top-6 centers are up in the air. Every team, for the most part to win a cup in the last 10 years has had outstanding top-6 centers. Adding Reinhart would do that.

3. Max is already in the system and I can just see the Flames playing up that angle.

4. Dmen tend to fall in the draft. The Flames also don't have a good history of taking Dmen high in the draft.

Couldn't agree more with this - Flames might be on the outside looking in when it comes to landing Sam - if possible, he's only elevating his stock more this WHL playoffs thus far.

______

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad