THW COLUMN: Leafs Draft reviewed and graded

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
it's nice to see the Jordon Staal comparison to Gauthier. Doubt he has the offensive upside but he can sure be a Martin Hanzal and look how valuable a player he has become for Phoenix. Somewhere between the two and and got ourselves a player.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I gave Nonis some crap for only coming out of the draft with 5 picks, not knowing we have 9 next year.

I take back what I said before.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Already possessing the size, speed, and defensive awareness he could be a leaf once his junior career is over.

Avec Fromage*

I gave Nonis some crap for only coming out of the draft with 5 picks, not knowing we have 9 next year.

I take back what I said before.

The Leafs actually have eight draft picks next year - seven if they decide to give their 2nd to LA in the 2014 draft instead of the 2015 draft.

The Leafs have their own 1st, 2nd (if not given to LA), 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th. They also have Arizona's (formely known as "Phoenix") 4th (from trading Matthew Lombardi) and Anaheim's 7th (as part of the Dave Steckel trade made this season).

They gave their 4th to Colorado for Ryan O'Byrne at the deadline and Edmonton's 4th (acquired in the Mike Brown trade) to Chicago as part of the Bolland trade.

So, to surmise:
1st Toronto
2nd Toronto*
3rd Toronto
4th Arizona
5th Toronto
6th Toronto
7th Anaheim
7th Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad