Confirmed with Link: Three-year, entry-level contract for Juraj Slafkovsky

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I'm pretty sure he'd say f*** that and go to Europe.
That depends almost entirely on the rapport he develops with management and their assurances before he gets sent down to the AHL or OHL. If they can convince him that either of those paths is actually best for his development and long-term NHL future, he might accede to their wishes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm pretty sure he'd say f*** that and go to Europe.

Playing against kids would be terrible for his development.
Not necessarily. Let's wait until main camp.

Yes it's extremely unlikely. But I'm not sold the AHL is better development than the OHL for an 18 year old.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not necessarily. Let's wait until main camp.

Yes it's extremely unlikely. But I'm not sold the AHL is better development than the OHL for an 18 year old.
Then send him back to Europe. The kid played most of his games against men and now you're going to play him against kids who will never even be good enough for the Austrian League?

We might as well have traded the pick if we think he's that far away that he needs to play kids.

0% chance.

That depends almost entirely on the rapport he develops with management and their assurances before he gets sent down to the AHL or OHL. If they can convince him that either of those paths is actually best for his development and long-term NHL future, he might accede to their wishes.
AHL is completely fine and reasonable.

Reactions: daxik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Then send him back to Europe. The kid played most of his games against men and now you're going to play him against kids who will never even be good enough for the Austrian League?

We might as well have traded the pick if we think he's that far away that he needs to play kids.

0% chance.

AHL is completely fine and reasonable.

Shane Wright might go back to the OHL. Slaf is a kid. Let's develop him properly, whatever that is. Let him tear up each level then graduate.

Reactions: montreal

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good to get this done. Slaf is going to be a good player but I stress patience.
Markus Naslund was marketed big time by the Penguins many years ago only to put up like 4 goals in his rookie year and then traded for Alex Stojanov.
Naslund wound up having a great career in Vancouver and Stojanov ended up playing 45 games for Pittsburgh.

Patience please with Slaf!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
lol, he's under contract, he has to play where the Habs say.
Right, because others haven't refused to be assigned somewhere... lol

It doesn't matter anyway, it's a stupid thing to discuss because he's not playing in the OHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Right, because others haven't refused to be assigned somewhere... lol

It doesn't matter anyway, it's a stupid thing to discuss because he's not playing in the OHL.

under contract, please tell me who has done that? I can't think of a single Hab in the last 20 years that's done that.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Why does CapFriendly say his AAV is 950k lol

Because base salary and signing bonus (855k + 95k = 950k) are the only guaranteed money he'll get. The performance bonuses need to be achieved and will be added as cap penalty the following year.

The bonuses payout was increased this year so the numbers are out of date, but that will do just to give an idea on likely they are to be achieved,

A Level Bonuses - 212k each, 4 maximum (850k)
  • 20 goals
  • 35 assists
  • 60 points
  • Top6 in TOI (team forward)
  • Top3 ± (team forward)
  • PPG > 0.73 (over 42+ games)
  • All Rookie team selection
  • All Star selection
  • All Star MVP
B Level Bonus - 2 million, ONE of:
  • Top10 in goals (NHL, Forward)
  • Top10 in assist (NHL, Forward)
  • Top10 in points (NHL, Forward)
  • Top10 in PPG (NHL, Forward, 42+ games played)
  • Win one of: Hart/Richard/Conn Smythe/Selke trophy
  • 1st or 2nd All Star team

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Because base salary and signing bonus (855k + 95k = 950k) are the only guaranteed money he'll get. The performance bonuses need to be achieved and will be added as cap penalty the following year.

The bonuses payout was increased this year so the numbers are out of date, but that will do just to give an idea on likely they are to be achieved,

• 20 goals
  • 35 assists
  • 60 points
  • Top3 ± (team forward)
  • All Star selection
  • All Star MVP
So the max ELC jumped from 925 to 950?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

• 20 goals
  • 35 assists
  • 60 points
  • Top3 ± (team forward)
  • All Star selection
  • All Star MVP
I know this is Slaf’s thread, but oh man, Ducharme cost Caufield a lot of money.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
under contract, please tell me who has done that? I can't think of a single Hab in the last 20 years that's done that.
I didn't say a Hab. I said it's happened.

Again, it doesn't matter because there's less than 0% chance he's in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad