Proposal: Three Way PIT-ARI-WPG

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Matheson belongs with Jack Johnson and Tony D. He can’t be traded to AZ.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I feel like Matheson isn’t as bad as people say but I haven’t watched a pits game this season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Imagine thinking that the number of posts equates to quality!

Not necessarily, but I often find sub 1K posters typically make awful trade proposals. Like, look at this one. He just throws up some names and doesn’t even bother justifying why each team would do it.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
:pens
Alex Goligoski
Jack Roslovic
:coyotes2
Nathan Legare
Michael Matheson
2021 PIT 2nd

:jets
Christian Fischer
Juuso Riikola
2022 PIT 3rd

Terrible for Pittsburgh. Gogo is old; Roslovic is an underachieving third line player, so we are giving up useful defenseman in Riikola, our third best prospect in a weak pool, two good picks and Matheson?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Where is Goligoski's game at? The Pens are trading a bunch of assets, but...

- are getting Goligoksi, an impending UFA, who could fit into their system
- getting a decent player in Roslovic, who might (again, might) improve
- moving Matheson and his contract

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens say yes

Gogo
Roslovic

for

Nathan Legare
Michael Matheson
Juuso Riikola
2021 PIT 2nd
2022 PIT 3rd

?

No. They do not say yes. In any sense of the word...in this world, the next, or in any parallel worldline. I'm not even sure they do this on a flat earth.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Gogo
Roslovic

for

Nathan Legare
Michael Matheson
Juuso Riikola
2021 PIT 2nd
2022 PIT 3rd

?

No. They do not say yes. In any sense of the word...in this world, the next, or in any parallel worldline. I'm not even sure they do this on a flat earth.
They absolutely say yes... especially in another 10 to 20 games when the collapse of the third pairing becomes even more evident. They add a better quality depth forward which allows some combinations now. They then successfully flip one of the lower depth forwards for a pick to compensate. This trade makes the pens better NOW, which is the goal. With the way the pens D are playing , gogo becomes their best D for the time being. Losing the ridiculous contact of MM is pure gold.. this isn't a deal for 5 years from now , its a deal NOW... if the pens think they have any realistic shot ( which is doubtful) they jump on this

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
every team that isnt the pens say no

hard to say who passes first but its bad for both non pitty teams

matheson is terrible and has a brutal contract. good luck moving that

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Why on earth would they say yes?
Why on earth would they not ??????
Lose perhaps the worst contract in the NHL..... get a better D than your putting on the ice now. More depth on forward than bumps one of the AHL guys out... its a deal for NOW.. see below .. its the other teams that would say NO

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They absolutely say yes... especially in another 10 to 20 games when the collapse of the third pairing becomes even more evident. They add a better quality depth forward which allows some combinations now. They then successfully flip one of the lower depth forwards for a pick to compensate. This trade makes the pens better NOW, which is the goal. With the way the pens D are playing , gogo becomes their best D for the time being. Losing the ridiculous contact of MM is pure gold.. this isn't a deal for 5 years from now , its a deal NOW... if the pens think they have any realistic shot ( which is doubtful) they jump on this

Lol, nope. Not even close dude.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Most of the time people can’t even get 2 team trades right let alone a 3 way. ‍♂️

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I feel like Matheson isn’t as bad as people say but I haven’t watched a pits game this season.
He was by far the worst d man on the ice or giving the flyers pp's in the first 2 games. Easily worse than Ceci game 1 as a reference.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
the Pens just traded for Matheson. No way the Pens are going to admit they made a mistake and try to trade him away in his first season.
By mid season yes they will. They learned a valuable lesson from JJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad