Three Stars Playoff game 1 vs Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I only picked Petro. No other player deserved one. Only ones remotely close to acceptable were Allen and Schwartz, and even they weren't good enough.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Pietrangelo and Allen. No one else was a "star." I'm glad Schwartz showed up but it was too little too late.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
petro
berglund
allen

worst stars:
jackman
backes
oshie

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Allen far above Schwartz, and then Pietrangelo quite a bit farther back. Most of the rest of the team weren't in the same galaxy.

Huh? Is this worded correctly? You thought Allen and Schwartz were better than Petro? Am I misunderstanding something?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Huh? Is this worded correctly? You thought Allen and Schwartz were better than Petro? Am I misunderstanding something?

I think Allen played extremely well with a load of great saves that kept The Blues in the game (other than his (admittedly terrible) gift to The Wild on the first goal). With the listless manner The Blues played, if Elliott had been in, The Wild probably would have won 5 or 6 to 1, with NO empty netters).

Thinking back over the whole game, Pietrangelo played hard and pretty effectively in all periods. Maybe I was a little unfair to him. He did play both defenceman and forward as usual, during his great play period over the last 40% of the season.

Schwartz played very listlessly (along with all The Blues' skaters) in the 1st, before he started to play with some energy in The 2nd. So, maybe should I'd put both of them a just bit behind Allen. Maybe I gave Schwartz too much credit for getting his goal?

In any case, IF we want to give any stars to any Blues for this mostly uninspired game, these 3 would be ones.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I think Allen was fine. He played well enough for us to win the game.

His mistake leading to the first goal kept me from giving him a vote, he did play well after that though I will agree. But we actually looked good the first few minutes then he gave up that goal and our team disappeared until the third period.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Obviously Pietrangelo, Schwartz, and Allen.

If we get that Petro in these playoffs, that will be fantastic. And Schwartz is always a monster, most consistent player by far.

Others need to step up.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
His mistake leading to the first goal kept me from giving him a vote, he did play well after that though I will agree. But we actually looked good the first few minutes then he gave up that goal and our team disappeared until the third period.

I would argue that it's on the players to step up and pick their goaltender up in that situation. They shouldn't wilt after that.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

I'm sorry but if a goal that happens 2 minutes in to the game has such a detrimental effect on a group of pros then there's MUCH bigger problems than Jake Allen.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Can't believe berglund only has three votes.... I know petri was insane, and schwartz and allen were good... but hey, let's get shutout next game... bergie to the press box.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad