Three Stars Game 31 vs LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Schwartz, Tarasenko, Shattenkirk for me.

Honorable mention to Berglund and Allen.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Is Schwartz amongst the HM's for you? Missed the game but saw him mentioned as playing well.

Definitely. He was really jumping early, especially. He was basically interchangeable with Berglund and probably Lehtera for me. Berglund just had more chances and a couple more noticeable defensive plays - and did so with less from his linemates.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ok, thanks for the appraisal guys. Nice to hear Lehtera helped create some chances. Not surprising to hear about Berglund for me. I've seen him making more authoritative defensive plays this year and he was already a strong defensive player to begin with.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Ok, thanks for the appraisal guys. Nice to hear Lehtera helped create some chances. Not surprising to hear about Berglund for me. I've seen him making more authoritative defensive plays this year and he was already a strong defensive player to begin with.

Yea, I love the way Berglund has played for the past several games. It's good to see him do it against bigger teams like LA and Florida, too, instead of just smaller, weaker teams like the Islanders.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Tarasenko, Shattenkirk and Schwartz were the 3 best players out there.

HM to Pietrangelo and Ott.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Thought the actual 3 stars for the game should have been Frank, Shatty, Bergy.

But I just voted for:
1.)Frank
2.)Shatty
3.)Schwartz (based off it being Schwartz's tip-in for the GTG.)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have

Tarasenko - obvious
Schwartz - Dude was a water bug out there
Backes - we went down by 2 and he put his work boots on and started destroying anything in a white Jersey. This is the Captain I want to see.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I went Tarasenko, Berglund, Backes.

I was glad to hear Hitch talk about it in his presser about how great David Backes' game was today. He really turned it on tonight and just started physically dominated the Kings.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I was trying to remember who the poster was in the summer that was most vocal about hating the Ott signing and kind of perseverating on what a mistake it would prove to be. I kept finding myself painted as an Ott apologist when really I think my position was just, "Eh, you're over-reacting. He could be good in 4th line role with some versatility for injuries...and maybe some of his mistakes after the initial trade had to do with trying too hard and not really understanding the system very well."

Is that guy gone from the site now, or just decided that Ott's play is acceptable.

I don't want to see him centering the top line in the playoffs again, but I'm pretty happy with our 4th line. Lapierre in particular is really setting up some good chances. If he had an actual scorer on the line with him, I think he could be about as effective as Sobotka was in the top 6. Reeves and Ott bring the physicality and intimidation that you can feel through the TV. I know opponents have to hate facing that line.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I think Ott, when used properly, has shut up a lot of his destructors. That includes me. I still don't like his salary or when he is moved to a scoring line, but he's definitely proving himself to be a useful player. He's definitely playing well with Lappy and Reaves. That line is a quality fourth line.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Frank Shatty and Backes. Loved Backes's game last night, he was a wrecking ball out there, I've missed him playing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad