Three Stars Game 21 at WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Backes
Petro
Allen

Could just as easily be another handful of guys. The entire 4th line should get some love too.

Amazing that this could be the first time that Backes gets a star in these polls. Very telling about how important he can be when he is on his game.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
First time voting on this.

Backes
Steen
Pietrangelo

I think these 3 players have been coming alive the last few games and today was shades of last year. Now just got to get Stastny and Oshie going and we are golden.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Backes
Shattenkirk
Ott

Pietrangelo was great outside of his gift goal. Now that's a give away goal for each pairing, hopefully they got it out of their system

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So, can someone tell me exactly how Lindstrom has 5 total points in all of these polls? We must've really f'd up somewhere.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He was physical, and that's good, but his overall play was great. A couple mistakes, sure, that happens to everyone, but he responded well. He was all over the place, blocking shots, recovering rebounds and loose pucks, rushing the puck, really leaning into shots, sending good outlets. He could have had zero points and I wouldn't have hesitated to vote for him in this poll.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
1.) Backes (best game of the season, without a doubt)
T2.) Steen/Pietrangelo

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
True but his physical play today looked great. It wasn't just his two assists.

I have to step out and say that this was the best I have seen Petro play in quite a while physically. He needs to do that. I didn't like seeing Wheeler push him out of the crease during their first goal. Wheeler is a mammoth though. Not much you can do with him or Dustin B.

I have to go with.
Backes - monster game
Allen - He can't be faulted on the goals
Petro - One major gaffe, but impressive otherwise. We need that from him. Sit someone on their keyster every once in awhile. Let them know you are there and you may pay for getting to close.

Ott played well, but also had some really crappy plays that nearly cost us.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Petro doesn't have to play like Doughty, but a bit more toughness like yesterday is exactly what we need.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's pretty much what I want from him. Few expects him to play the body which just makes it all that much bigger of a hit. He needs to learn the reverse hit from Steen and Oshie, that would do wonders for him in his end. I'd like to see some more hacking in front of the net. Just keep players on their toes

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Petro already almost has as many hits as he had last season. I wouldn't say he's been that much more physical, the recording of hits is so inconsistent. It is nice to see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad