Three Stars: Game #2 - Wild 1-4 Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
dang, when Berglund scores the cup winner, we are all not gonna vote for him right? (secret pact)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
dang, when Berglund scores the cup winner, we are all not gonna vote for him right? (secret pact)

He didn't score the game winner and didn't really have a particularly strong game outside of the goal. We had plenty of guys that played well.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He didn't score the game winner and didn't really have a particularly strong game outside of the goal. We had plenty of guys that played well.

That may not have been the "official" game winner, but if he hadn't scored that goal scorer's goal, it looked to me that The Blues were going to give up the tying goal. And, if they did that, the odds were big that they would lose. They were dead tired, and just dumping the puck out of their zone, giving The Wild possession about 90% of the time. It was only a matter of time until they'd give up a goal.

Berglund played very well on the forecheck, and stole the puck a few times by stickchecking, was very good, as usual on puck possession, and got back on defence well. He even made a few nice, timely hits jarring the puck loose. He played very well, based on what I saw. He was also one of the few Blues who played decently in Game 1.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
That may not have been the "official" game winner, but if he hadn't scored that goal scorer's goal, it looked to me that The Blues were going to give up the tying goal. And, if they did that, the odds were big that they would lose. They were dead tired, and just dumping the puck out of their zone, giving The Wild possession about 90% of the time. It was only a matter of time until they'd give up a goal.

Berglund played very well on the forecheck, and stole the puck a few times by stickchecking, was very good, as usual on puck possession, and got back on defence well. He even made a few nice, timely hits jarring the puck loose. He played very well, based on what I saw. He was also one of the few Blues who played decently in Game 1.
I agree, but you don't seem to understand the forum narrative must be upheld, where we don't give Berglund credit when he steps up.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
IMO Berglund was same level like Stastny until he scored. If that wins vote here its okey, but overally they both show or how can I say didn't show up on ice at any special domination. They were there. Still waiting Stastny step up.

Overally we are heading up right direction and one biggest reason is that our 4th line guys Ott and Reaves step out last game. There both were incredible nasty-Jesus-mode. They shutdown Wild's mentally and that grittyness its best medicine against Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad