USA
Allen
Shattenkirk
Lapierre

e705cc63fc112a77ac0492692772853a9c0ca831ff90115706d57625218c5320.jpg

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Originally had Pie on there in the GDT but after some thought he really didn't stand out too much. Lehtera had another fantastic game so I swapped them. Lehtera just irritated me by not shooting a couple times when I felt he should. Can't fault him too much for that though.

Allen
Lehtera
Berglund

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Allen

Pietrangelo

Lehtera

A few other guys would be fine third star mentions, though. Shatty, Berglund, Lapierre, Steen.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Allen

Pietrangelo

Lehtera

A few other guys would be fine third star mentions, though. Shatty, Berglund, Lapierre, Steen.

This game was one where I saw Pie finally playing how we know he should. Would love for him to make another step beyond that, and I saw flashes of it tonight. Made a couple mistakes by jumping up in the action, but that is fine. He is still growing and developing. Excited to see where he will be in a couple seasons.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
1.Lapierre
2.Shattenkirk
3.Pietrangelo

Best game of the season for Petro by far and away, the dude was dominate tonight.

Last edited:

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Allen - shutout and kind of stole the game
Pietrangelo - dominated defensively, best game of the season for him
Lehtera- FO% alone gets him this spot. Puck possession starts with him, and great passing

Honorable mentions:
Berglund: puck possession master, solid as a rock defensively and had some really good shots on net. Good faceoffs
Shattenkirk: great defensively, excellent pinches, becoming his MO
Lapierre: Good faceoffs, great defensively, setup Reaves
Gunnarson: excellent puck movement, cannon snapshot (or, should we say "gunn"), smart plays

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Petro looked like his old self. Let's hope this gets him hoping again. Steen too. Hopefully he can get back to scoring every time he even looks at the puck like he did last season.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Petro looked like his old self. Let's hope this gets him hoping again. Steen too. Hopefully he can get back to scoring every time he even looks at the puck like he did last season.

Petro was handled a few times and instead of the old dejected look on his face, he was visually pissed off. He just needs to play with fire.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I thought Lapierre deserved a star before he made that goal-saving play in the crease. He set up Reaves, and if it had been anyone else (OK maybe not Jackman) it was an open net goal the first time, too. Both plays were great passes. He played about 20 minutes, picking up a lot of slack for players who were out, and did a fantastic job.

Allen, of course, played great. I have no interest in campaigning for Allen or for Elliott. I'm just glad the Blues have two great goalies right now. Every time I see Allen in an interview, I'm more impressed by his maturity.

There are a half dozen players who could be the third star, but I decided to just vote for two so as not to dilute what they deserve.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Lapierre was 1st star imo, major reason why we won, and the sole reason why it ended in shutout.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Moreso than Allen? No doubt Lappy had a great game but I question your logic, sir

You give Allen 1st star because of the shutout, but he wouldn't have had the SO if it weren't for Lappy. He was almost 80% in faceoffs, and caused 2 turnovers both lead to prime scoring chances one of which provided the insurance goal, which would have been the game winner if it weren't for (you guessed it) Lapierre's heads up play to clear the puck from the goal line with Perry bearing down on it. He went above and beyond, his best game in a Blues sweater by far and away, those things are why I feel Maxim deserves the 1st star. He earned it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad