Larry Brooks: Three Rangers file for salary arbitration

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We might not think so, because of how we view salary numbers, but $100,000 here and there is a pretty big deal for someone getting whatever contract he'll end up with/someone his age.

Yeah, and Slats might not even have a 1-year deal on the table anymore for all we know. It could be 2 years and 1.2m per and whatever, and then we are starting to talk about real money on the table.

I do not think thats the case though, I would bet that they are real close but Slats has no reason to even reconsider any offer as of now, when they get closer to camp Moore's agent might tell him that they can get another 50k or whatever.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Moore is a Newport client. Sather has a very good relationship with Meehan. They should be able to get a deal for Moore to be in camp on time. Moore is a client of Wade Arnott who works for Meehan.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We might not think so, because of how we view salary numbers, but $100,000 here and there is a pretty big deal for someone getting whatever contract he'll end up with/someone his age.

100K is significant for someone who is making 1 million dollars. You are looking at a 10% increase. For some one who is making $3 million, it is not significant and ridiculous. I can't blame him here for wanting an extra 100K-200K especially with how ridiculously expensive NY is and how absurd the taxes are.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Everyone wants a better salary, but Moore has no leverage, except to withhold his services: something that will hurt him more than trying to get a little extra.

Moore needs to establish himself as a solid NHL defenseman. He's played about 200 games in the NHL now and needs to take the next step. Holding out will not help him get to that goal. This kid has a chance to play 10+ years in the NHL. He can maximize his value on the next contract. He needs to sign before training camp starts. Sather and Company hold all the cards.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Yeah, and Slats might not even have a 1-year deal on the table anymore for all we know. It could be 2 years and 1.2m per and whatever, and then we are starting to talk about real money on the table.

I do not think thats the case though, I would bet that they are real close but Slats has no reason to even reconsider any offer as of now, when they get closer to camp Moore's agent might tell him that they can get another 50k or whatever.

Chances are the problem is that the offer on the table is for signicantly less than $1 million. Especially if it's for one year.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
100K is significant for someone who is making 1 million dollars. You are looking at a 10% increase. For some one who is making $3 million, it is not significant and ridiculous. I can't blame him here for wanting an extra 100K-200K especially with how ridiculously expensive NY is and how absurd the taxes are.

I'm pretty sure he'd be able to live a completely reasonable life in NY with as little as 100k, and I'm saying this as a guy living in a place with a much higher living cost than NY. The only reason it'd be expensive is if he decided to live like a rich man, instead of living comfortable and plan for his future with savings. Lets be realistic, hockey players are extremely well off, even those earning 1 mill a year

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
JMoore has no leverage and should sign for a deal at slightly above a $1M, maybe at 1.1-1.3 on a two year deal.

John Moore is the club’s lone Group II without arbitration rights. The cap squeeze means the defenseman will be playing on a bridge deal for not all that much more than his $850,500 qualifier. Say, two years at $1.1 million per?

Moore should take 2 years $1M... it's only fair for both sides

Sami Vatanen got 2 years/$2.525M. Dmitri Orlov got 2 years/$4M. Look at John Moore. He has more experience.

Only problem with Moore is other comparable players are getting more than $850,000. Moore has no leverage but he is worth more than $850,000.

He should get more than his qualifying offer. 2 year bridge contract worth $1M plus

1,1 for Moore. Max

If the Rangers play their cards right,they can strong arm Moore into taking a cheap two year contract. $1M in 14-15 and $1.5M in 15-16. $1.25M. Vatanen money.

Moore for one year at $900K leave the Rangers

welp, that worked out :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad