Three Picks in the First Round

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
We just had a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. The Caps had 3 in '04 (Their own, Ovechkin, and Detroit's and Boston's).

At one point in the mid-late 90s, Colorado had 4 first round picks. I think it was '97.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
We just had a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. The Caps had 3 in '04 (Their own, Ovechkin, and Detroit's and Boston's).

At one point in the mid-late 90s, Colorado had 4 first round picks. I think it was '97.

Ovechkin / Schultz / Green to be more specific.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?

I think it was 1998. Tanguay, Regher, Skoula, Parker.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
In 2003, the LA Kings had 3 picks in the first round of the draft (Brown, Boyle, Tambellini)-this year the Oilers do-are there any other examples of triple picks in round one?

I know leafs had three picks way back in the Harold Ballard days. They ended up picking Rob Peorson, Scott Pearson and Scott Thornton.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
I seem to recall the Avs having four 1st round picks the year they drafted Regehr, though I could be mistaken.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
02 was a weak draft to have 3 first rounders.

07 is a good draft to have 3 first rounders except for that 1st pick, generational talent isn't there this season.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I know leafs had three picks way back in the Harold Ballard days. They ended up picking Rob Peorson, Scott Pearson and Scott Thornton.

Scott Pearson was a different year. Steve Bancroft was the third.

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Of most of the years teams have had 1st round picks the best a team has ever done is one star and a role player, and it was mostly teams who had one really early pick. It seems the wise thing to do would be to do whatever it takes to trade up to get the guy who you feel is the best in the draft with some of your other picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad