Zadina 2
Stephens 1

Defence
Seider 22.5
Hronek 4.5

Goalie
Greiss 12
Nedeljkovic 9

So with it being a loss please list your 3 stars.

And go…

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Do you think we should just stop collecting this info because no one played really good tonight? Or just exclude this game?

I’m all ears.
The comment was sorta rhetorical TBH, but since you asked, I think we should just skip stars for bad losses especially shutouts. If people don't agree, I'm not gonna complain, but it seems sorta pointless to award stars in a pointless game.

Reactions: Go Wings

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think Dekeyser-Seider was good. Other D-pairs conceded the goals. PK was 100% too. Liked Zadina on PP, should have deserved some puck luck.

Dekeyser
Seider
Zadina
HM: Greiss

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The comment was sorta rhetorical TBH, but since you asked, I think we should just skip stars for bad losses especially shutouts. If people don't agree, I'm not gonna complain, but it seems sorta pointless to award stars in a pointless game.

Were evaluating player performances... whether it was a win or loss is irrelevant

Rasmussen
Greiss
Larkin

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hockey fans: "If numbers don't go on the scoreboard my team must not have done anything".

Defense is a thing too you know.

1 Staal
2 Greiss
3 Zadina
Funny how you said that and gave Staal the #1 star after gifting the Caps the clinching goal. You probably should take a look at the replay, he makes a bad pass, gets checked a little, then stands there doing nothing instead of retreating back into the zone. Then he has to play catchup to Eller and of course he's not fast enough to catch him.

This is precisely why I don't think stars should be given for a bad loss, you proved my point brilliantly, lol.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Funny how you said that and gave Staal the #1 star after gifting the Caps the clinching goal. You probably should take a look at the replay, he makes a bad pass, gets checked a little, then stands there doing nothing instead of retreating back into the zone. Then he has to play catchup to Eller and of course he's not fast enough to catch him.

This is precisely why I don't think stars should be given for a bad loss, you proved my point brilliantly, lol.
I agree, anyone who makes one bad play should be automatically disqualified from getting a star.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I agree, anyone who makes one bad play should be automatically disqualified from getting a star.
One bad play in a tight checking low scoring game is all it really takes for a team to lose.

That 3 second blunder easily outweighs anything he does for the rest of his 15 minutes or whatever he had. You don't get participation points in the NHL, lol.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Right, that's the point I'm making.

Shallow fans can only determine "stars" by what shows up on the scoreboard, ignoring a million other things that happen in the game.

In a 0-0 tie, literally nothing happened.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Right, that's the point I'm making.

Shallow fans can only determine "stars" by what shows up on the scoreboard, ignoring a million other things that happen in the game.

In a 0-0 tie, literally nothing happened.
Staal singlehandedly gave them a goal. It's like the score means nothing to you. In the end THE SCORE IS ALL THAT MATTERS IN A HOCKEY GAME. Sure, if you want to give prizes for good defense, I get that but Staal cost the team a goal.

But hey, if you guys want to hand out participation prizes, by all means go for it. It's all about participation prizes nowadays anyways.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
By Position

Forward
Larkin 15.5
Raymond 15.5
Bertuzzi 11
Namestnikov 6
Zadina 4
Erne 4
Fabbri 3
Veleno 3