Thrashers fans heading to Winnipeg

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I'd love to know how this goes as I'm in the Atlanta area and would love nothing more then to make a trip up there in the coming seasons. Just have to get my financials in order and then start planning. :nod:

Flying from Atlanta to North Dakota, then renting a car will be way cheaper than flying to Winnipeg.

:teach:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
To all of you American fans considering a trip, definitely take advantage of the crappy CAD and your strong dollar. I was over there when oil crashed last January and it was great, I got over 90c for my kiwi dollar. And now looking back I count my blessings that the USD wasn't as high as it is now and I could get 80c. Now we're sitting at like 65. Your USD will go pretty damn far.

Also Winnipeg is just a cool place to be hockey wise. If you don't really get much/any snow where you come from it's honestly neat just going there and seeing MORE THAN ALL YOU'VE SEEN IN YOUR LIFE. And when you're only there for a short time the cold is almost fun. Literally every store has some forms of Jets merch so you can easily stock up on all sorts of t-shirts, toques, and corny knick knacks.

Fly into Winnipeg is expensive but the airport is hella nice and you can get Stella's on the way out.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Thanks everyone. Ps241 thanks again for the deal in tickets... Can't wait to check out Winnipeg and to check off another box on my list of arenas. Sure hope I don't get to see Hamonic in this game!!

Enjoyed the visitor board here as well and got great info on hotel and bars.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Just wanted to send a quick update and a sincere thank you to all the Winnipeg fans that made this trip pretty awesome. Friday, when the Jets hosted the Blackhawks, I attended my 28th different NHL arena (29th would follow the following afternoon in Minnesota) and first in Winnipeg. Two guys walking around in Thrashers jerseys certainly got a lot of attention and we got our fair share of strange looks and questions. Every single time we told people that we were Thrashers fans that made the trip that morning from Atlanta, the response we got was unbelievable. From pre-game at the Pint to post-game at the Pint I don't think we paid for a round of beers. The fans were quick to buy us a round, chat about the game we all love, and wonder why the hell we flew all the way up to Winnipeg for a game.

Special thanks to PS241 for the "Atlanta discount" on the seats.. Great view and great atmosphere.

Also, where was the warning that post-game The Pint turned from an NHL bar to a dance club where the ladies rivaled almost any Vegas club??

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Just wanted to send a quick update and a sincere thank you to all the Winnipeg fans that made this trip pretty awesome. Friday, when the Jets hosted the Blackhawks, I attended my 28th different NHL arena (29th would follow the following afternoon in Minnesota) and first in Winnipeg. Two guys walking around in Thrashers jerseys certainly got a lot of attention and we got our fair share of strange looks and questions. Every single time we told people that we were Thrashers fans that made the trip that morning from Atlanta, the response we got was unbelievable. From pre-game at the Pint to post-game at the Pint I don't think we paid for a round of beers. The fans were quick to buy us a round, chat about the game we all love, and wonder why the hell we flew all the way up to Winnipeg for a game.

Special thanks to PS241 for the "Atlanta discount" on the seats.. Great view and great atmosphere.

Also, where was the warning that post-game The Pint turned from an NHL bar to a dance club where the ladies rivaled almost any Vegas club??

Happy to hear you had a great time! That's pretty cool of you to make the trip up here. :) It's too bad the game was so horrible though.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Come back for a playoff game (if we ever make it again) when the armosphere in the building and the city will be off the charts

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Glad things worked out for you boys. As our crew said you will have to make it back one day when we are actually playing for a reason because the building is much more fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad