Post-Game Talk: Thrash/Jets @ Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If you are blaming Rinne you are watching a different game than I am. One a point blank on the PP, one a high deflection on the PP, 3rd a deflection off the Dman stick on a break away.

Rinne is not the problem tonight.

I'm not solely blaming Rinne...though we would have an entire thread devoted to Hutton not being an NHL goaltender if this was him. Great scoring chances or not, have to do better than stopping 10 of 13. World-class goaltenders need to do that.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not solely blaming Rinne...though we would have an entire thread devoted to Hutton not being an NHL goaltender if this was him. Great scoring chances or not, have to do better than stopping 10 of 13. World-class goaltenders need to do that.

The third I'll say he probably could have, the other two are goals 99% of the time on any goalie in the league.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Everyone keeps focusing on the scoring, but I still maintain that our inability to keep the puck OUT OF THE NET is just as big an issue if not MORE of an issue.

If we had allowed 20 fewer goals like we did last year at this same time in the season, we would be sitting pretty in the standings despite the offensive problems.

This game is a perfect example- it should be a 0-0 game and we would still have an excellent chance of winning an ugly 1-0 or 2-1 type game- the types of games you have to win in this league. But instead the game is pretty much over.

When you are constantly giving up a goal every 5 shots or so the way we are doing tonight, you aren't going to win regardless of your offense...

04-14-2014, 12:31 PM

drwpreds

vCash: 500

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post

You are exactly right. Who ever the new coach is will be here two years or less. There is no way this team as it stands can undergo a complete system change with the current roster. If they blow it up it will take two years to get back to playoffs minimum. Its going to be painful, Change is here now just have the stomach to see it through.

I just could not disagree with this more- whoever the new coach is, he is going to have great talent on defense (quite possibly could be the most talented d in the whole NHL the next 2-3 year). Also set at goaltender IF Pekka returns to his old form (a big if at this point I admit).

But who exactly on on this team can't stand or undergo a system change?? If anything, some of the young talent we have at forward NEED A SYSTEM CHANGE. Smith, Wilson, Forsberg, Jarnkrok, heck even Stalberg- you think those guys are best suited for a Trotz-like system??? I think its just the opposite- a system change could be just what many of our forwards need............

We absolutely do NOT need to blow it up...........

This is a conversation we had when Trotz was fired. Now you are promoting Trotz hockey. Im confused...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
44 shots to finally score. .. cost me two points in the points game for nothing....

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Quite possibly the most frustrating Preds game I've watched in a couple years. Shots are 44-14 and we're losing 3-1. Nice play with Willy Beaman and Josi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce