Thoughts on the Young Guys/New Guys

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I don't think it was Veleno vs Rowney.

I think it was Veleno vs... Rasmussen, Larkin, Suter, Stephens.

This team clearly sees Rasmussen as a C - something I don't like, really.
And Veleno is clearly a C.

I do think Veleno has some maturing to do as an NHLer.
He just needs to bear down just a bit harder - across the board. A little more decisive about his decisions. A little harder in his battles. A little more crisp with his passes.
If he does that, he'll be a good 3C.

I honestly don't know if Rasmussen will ever be a quality NHL C.
He's a long way from it right now.

But I just don't see where Veleno is better served by going back down to the AHL again.

It's staggering to me. He's clearly one of our top 12 forwards.

I think it'sore that they want the razmanian devil to succeed as a center, ve abuse that's what we need, and if he can't excel this year as a center he will be traded. He just qont fit in on the wing going forward

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think it'sore that they want the razmanian devil to succeed as a center, ve abuse that's what we need, and if he can't excel this year as a center he will be traded. He just qont fit in on the wing going forward

Won't fit on the wing?

For what is that based for?

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Won't fit on the wing?

For what is that based for?

Basically my own personal opinion is this.

*when* vrana gets back, he would get pushed out of a top 6 wing position anyway. He is more valuable as a 3c than a 3w. So when we trade him at the deadline to bring veleno up *possibly*, if he succeeds at center instead of wing, given his size, we could get a better return for him. Personally I don't see one if him or vert on this team come deadline day.

If he earns a good c position on the 3rd line in Detroit even better, we need center depth, and veleno can stand to play anotger year in the A.

But he'll get called up sooner than later anyways there's bound to be injuries or roster rotation. Very rarely do we see the roster on day 1 stay together all year.

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
With Rasmussen and veleno I believe they both should be our 3rd line center. I think Rasmussen would play better at wing. But have Larkin a 1c suter 2c and one of the other two as 3c

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I don't think it was Veleno vs Rowney.

I think it was Veleno vs... Rasmussen, Larkin, Suter, Stephens.

This team clearly sees Rasmussen as a C - something I don't like, really.
And Veleno is clearly a C.

I do think Veleno has some maturing to do as an NHLer.
He just needs to bear down just a bit harder - across the board. A little more decisive about his decisions. A little harder in his battles. A little more crisp with his passes.
If he does that, he'll be a good 3C.

I honestly don't know if Rasmussen will ever be a quality NHL C.
He's a long way from it right now.

But I just don't see where Veleno is better served by going back down to the AHL again.

It's staggering to me. He's clearly one of our top 12 forwards.

I don't see why it's staggering to you. A couple sentences up from you not understanding it, you explain why they did it. A guy with more maturing to do as an NHLer to just develop that little bit more polish to be a good third line center... he's better served playing at a level where he can be receiving that coaching to bear down harder and not brought up to the league to get his brains beat in while he's learning that. If you're slow in skating or slow in processing the game, you're gonna get blown off the puck and not learn a damn thing at the NHL level.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Zadina impressed?

If you locked in on Zadina specifically when he was on the ice and watched his play, especially in the last few games, yes. He didn’t have the highlight plays that were replayed over and over. You have to watch the player, not the results.

Of course it doesn’t matter how well he plays if it doesn’t eventually turn into points.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If you locked in on Zadina specifically when he was on the ice and watched his play, especially in the last few games, yes. He didn’t have the highlight plays that were replayed over and over. You have to watch the player, not the results.

Of course it doesn’t matter how well he plays if it doesn’t eventually turn into points.

For sure. The points will follow for him if he keeps that up. I was encouraged by what I saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad