Thoughts On The Season So Far..

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Who has impressed you the most?

Who has been disappointing?

What do you guys think about MT's job so far?

What Has Been Your Favorite Moment Of The Season So Far?

Discuss, your thoughts so far on the season !

~Go Habs Go~

(those questions were just to give you some examples, talk about whatever you want :P )

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
2h7qhhc.jpg

Im loving pleks so far, Great Defensive play and putting up great points! hope he can keep it up

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
We're getting contributions from almost everyone.

Price is playing to his potential

We're Healthy and Deep

We have players with guts

And our coach has a pulse

nuff said.

Go Habs Go!!!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Who has impressed you the most? Prust - way better hockey player than I expected.

Who has been disappointing? Cole

What do you guys think about MT's job so far? Stunningly brilliant - I am eating all kinds of crow.

What Has Been Your Favorite Moment Of The Season So Far? The 6-1 Buffalo win - that was a team that has been toying with us for far too long, to kick their ass after their ''big Boston win that will turn their season around because John Scott won a fight'' was very satisfying.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly, I don't think we've played all that great, our record is better than our play. The East is garbage this season and we've taken advantage. The fact that we're just playing Eastern teams is making us look better than we are.

That being said:

Price has been stellar
Galchenyuk is having a nice rookie year
Subban is great
Prust was a great addition

Got to be happy with what MT has brought as well.

Sports1131

Oct 24, 2004
I'm extremely excited about our record, but at the same time very uneasy about the way we've lost our games, particularly the blown leads against Buffalo and Tampa Bay. Hopefully they have that out of their system now because that reminds me an awful lot of last year.

Gallagher is probably the biggest surprise for me. I wanted him to make the team last year after a great training camp, but I had a hard time seeing a spot for him in the lineup this season and after sitting out the first game I thought he'd be used pretty sparingly -- fortunately that has not been the case.

I'm also impressed with Therrien. I was pretty neutral on bringing him back, but I also didn't mind him during his first stint and don't have much to criticize right now. He has the team playing hard (minus the one game against Toronto), even tonight when it was clear everybody was beyond exhausted. For the most part I'm pretty happy with his personnel decisions as well, though to be honest I would have been relieved with any coach that stops playing defensemen on the wing.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
The one thing I like about this team this year: We are able to win the type of close games that we would've lost in seasons past.

Lizard King*

I'm extremely excited about our record, but at the same time very uneasy about the way we've lost our games, particularly the blown leads against Buffalo and Tampa Bay. Hopefully they have that out of their system now because that reminds me an awful lot of last year.

Gallagher is probably the biggest surprise for me. I wanted him to make the team last year after a great training camp, but I had a hard time seeing a spot for him in the lineup this season and after sitting out the first game I thought he'd be used pretty sparingly -- fortunately that has not been the case.

I'm also impressed with Therrien. I was pretty neutral on bringing him back, but I also didn't mind him during his first stint and don't have much to criticize right now. He has the team playing hard (minus the one game against Toronto), even tonight when it was clear everybody was beyond exhausted. For the most part I'm pretty happy with his personnel decisions as well, though to be honest I would have been relieved with any coach that stops playing defensemen on the wing.

Gallagher is the type of player everyone wants on their team. He's a true gem and with him and Galchenyuk our season looks amazing. I can't remember the last time we had 2 amazing rookies like these in our system.

The only this I don't like is that neither of them is French:sarcasm:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I think I have to give most credits to Michel Therrien. Players bought the system and they are working hard every games.. or almost.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
If this team keep this rate, MT will have to be considered for the Jack Adams.

I remember the day they announced him as the coach. Very few people were happy with his hiring. I loved it from day one.

MT is the best. What a difference between him and the obtuse coach we had before.

**** you Martin I hated you with passion.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Prust, Glachenyuk, and Gallagher have impressed me the most.

The WHOLE TEAM has too. There is a certain coherence in their play. People just seem to be aware of the other on the ice. The passing is tape-to-tape most of the time.

Favorite moment is that Pacioretty knucklepuck.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I think I have to give most credits to Michel Therrien. Players bought the system and they are working hard every games.. or almost.

Therrien is one of the surprises for me. I still don't know if he is much
of a "X's and O's" kind of guy, but I think he has handled the players really
well.
Of the players Plekanec, and Markov have been very gratifying. Diaz,
Bourque have been better than last year. Prust and Bouillon have been
solid additions. And I never expected Gallagher to get this good, much
less this soon.

Cole stands out as the one clear disappointment.

And losing those two games to the Leafs. :cry:

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
The spark of the rookies, plus I think we have the best group of defensemen since the late 70s, notably the return of Markov and an improved Diaz. Even last year I feel they were better than average but underrated as a group.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004

Gallagher.

No one, really but if pressed I would say Cole.

Unbelievable. He's clearly matured and learned how to motivate players. I'm impressed.

What Has Been Your Favorite Moments Of The Season So Far?

There are lots. A few that come to mind: Emelin's two checks on Hagelin tonight—on the same shift, Pacioretty's goal against Carolina, Subban's laser shot off King Henrik's shoulder, Chucky's and Gally's first NHL goals.

Discuss, your thoughts so far on the season!

Great start. Let's hope they can keep it up. Right now, it's a team that's building confidence. Love the defense and how the scoring is spread across the roster. It's a squad that could do some damage in the playoffs.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Honestly, I don't think we've played all that great, our record is better than our play. The East is garbage this season and we've taken advantage. The fact that we're just playing Eastern teams is making us look better than we are.

That being said:

Price has been stellar
Galchenyuk is having a nice rookie year
Subban is great
Prust was a great addition

Got to be happy with what MT has brought as well.

This statement must have torn you apart. It's the first time i read something positive coming from you (well the second part not the first)

Where is the talk about rebuilding and all? The rebuild is already in place Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Collberg, Beaulieu. It's coming and it's coming hard.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto

Gally, Chucky & Diaz

Moen and Army

Amazing sounds and looks like a totally different person from last time. He's been great!

What Has Been Your Favorite Moment Of The Season So Far?

Watching the kids flourish and seeing Markov and Bourque play inspired hockey!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Who has impressed you the most? Gallagher and Prust

Who has been disappointing? Cole

What do you guys think about MT's job so far? He has changed a lot from his old days and has proven me wrong. Great job at handling his bench

What Has Been Your Favorite Moment Of The Season So Far? Take out the 2 Leafs games and pretty much everything else

Discuss, your thoughts so far on the season !

~Go Habs Go~

(those questions were just to give you some examples, talk about whatever you want :P )

Now let's hope we keep rolling like this

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
A lot of positive so far...I'm trying to keep an even keel...as I did during the 3 game "oh my got the world will end" losing streak a week+ ago.

New coach and GM have definitely brought a new attitude from what we saw late last year. More a case of a 1 year "going off the rails" than a disastrous organisation(see NYI Columbus) way off course.

The biggest surprise for me has been Therrien, he has made HUGE strides since he first coached the Habs. He still has fire but he has learned a ton about when to kick ass and when to massage players. His system is a huge breath of fresh air from JM's "rope a dope" sit back and wait for turnovers. It's not the Boudreau Caps run and gun...but they are agressively attacking the puck and using their speed more than at any poiint in recent memory. The fact that we are winning 5 in a row with a struggling PP should not be overlooked.

Hope we stay on the same course. Contrary to what some believe, winning breeds more winnining than top 5 picks. Players want to stay, UFA's want to come and your roster's individual value goes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad