Prospect Info: Thoughts on - Richard Nedomlel

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I have read a few posts on Nedomlel and posters were wondering if he would receive a contract and if so where he would be playing.

I've had the chance to watch him last year a couple times and this year. His point totals are down but he looks to be a more complete player. He was used in all situations with his junior team and logs a ton of ice time. I know his coach and he seems to be a great team player.

I don't believe he will be a top 4 guy but he looks like he can be a 5-6 defensive Dman. The few times I've watched him he looked to jump in the play at the right time and even put on a couple great moves to beat two guys and finish with a great wrister top shelf. He's very strong on the boards and uses his size against other junior guys. His stick work looked very good due to his long reach.

Trying to think of a guy that he reminds me of is hard right now. To compare with a Wings player it would be Lashof but plays the game tougher in the corners and has better skating. I think with two to three years in GR working on positioning he could turn out to be a good bottom pairing guy that loves to hit.

What are your thoughts.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have read a few posts on Nedomlel and posters were wondering if he would receive a contract and if so where he would be playing.

I've had the chance to watch him last year a couple times and this year. His point totals are down but he looks to be a more complete player. He was used in all situations with his junior team and logs a ton of ice time. I know his coach and he seems to be a great team player.

I don't believe he will be a top 4 guy but he looks like he can be a 5-6 defensive Dman. The few times I've watched him he looked to jump in the play at the right time and even put on a couple great moves to beat two guys and finish with a great wrister top shelf. He's very strong on the boards and uses his size against other junior guys. His stick work looked very good due to his long reach.

Trying to think of a guy that he reminds me of is hard right now. To compare with a Wings player it would be Lashof but plays the game tougher in the corners and has better skating. I think with two to three years in GR working on positioning he could turn out to be a good bottom pairing guy that loves to hit.

What are your thoughts.

I think he spends a year in Toledo if they sign him. The numbers game is certainly a worry, but this is the kind of player they have been talking about getting more of. Wish we could find a way to get rid of Fournier around the trade deadline, maybe attach him to White when we ship him for a draft pick.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Detroits been trying to get more guys like him in the system, he'll at the very least get a shot in Toledo. He should start fighting more if he wants an NHL career though

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Detroits been trying to get more guys like him in the system, he'll at the very least get a shot in Toledo. He should start fighting more if he wants an NHL career though

I think once he graduates from junior you will see him pick up his fighting more. The games I've seen him he is one of the Bronco's top pairing guys and logs a huge amount of ice time. From conversations I've had I've been told he was to valuable to them to be in the box all the time.

It may come down to a contract situation but I would sure like to see him in GR next year.

Ouellet Sproul
Nicastro Almqvist

Should all all be with the team and if Backman or Marchenko aren't brought over wouldn't that open a spot for him. Guessing a forward or two would be let go for the contract limit.

Could be completely wrong as I'm not 100% on how many we have for next year.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I really like his game and I think he'll have a chance to be a good #6 that can be a main stay on the pk, either as the #3 or 4 guy, and he'll be able to fulfill our tough guy quota. With us going East next year we do need a guy or 2 that is willing to drop the mitts but he has to be able to play the game outside of being a tough guy.

Of the tough guys we have drafted over the past 2/3 years I think he has the best chance to be an effective NHLer. He and Callahan should provide enough grit for us in the future.

However if it came down to Nedomlel or Jensen I would take Jensen every time.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Toledo is gonna have one helluva team next year with all these kids coming in and not enough spots in GR for them.

Depends entirely on how many veterans they bring in to GR. If Quine, Nedomlel, Marchenko and Backman get signed we have 8 D's and and 14 F's signed to ELC's.

On defense let's say Jensen stays in college, Backman stays in Sweden and Marchenko comes to NA bringing the number to 7(Ouellet, Sproul, Almquist, Nicastro, Marchenko, Fournier, Nedomlel).

Among forwards I'm pretty much assuming everybody will play in NA next season and nobody stays in juniors for an overage season.

We have the prospects to fill GR on its own, but say they sign 4 veterans in total and there's gonna be 3 or 4 guys going to Toledo which is pretty much like this season. Send down Fournier, Coetzee and Parkes and no one will notice.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I was his fan beginning with his draft. Became a big fan after a couple months of his first season following his draft, then I started losing faith in him. This season didn't help one bit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I was his fan beginning with his draft. Became a big fan after a couple months of his first season following his draft, then I started losing faith in him. This season didn't help one bit.

Last season the wings told him to tone down the attempts to be an offensive guy and told him to play big/mean/at home. This year should give you more hope hes in the wings good books

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

I have to ask. Have you watched him play this year or strictly looking at stats. I'm not trying to mock you or anything just asking. From what I take the Wings have asked him to focus on being an all around dman who is tough to play against (hit and fight). His coaches don't want him fighting every night because they want him out on the ice for 20+ minutes a game killing penalty's and PP. from what I've seen and watching other D prospects I don understand why he isn't signed yet.

I guess they need to keep there options open if need be but there are at least three to four guys I would let walk if it came down to not signing him.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/11/14/3021/nedomlel-returns-focus-to-defensive-zone/

For reference.

Article says it all, the Wings wanted him to focus on defense. For those that don't really follow, Swift Current sucks. He was also playing against the top lines in the WHL.

What impresses me most about him is the fact that he does have some offensive skill. It's not like he's just an enforcer. He's also a decent skater(doesn't hold him back at all) and can move the puck.

I actually would love to hear a good argument NOT to sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad