Thoughts on Hudler?

• Thread starter CloneHakanPlease*
  • Start date

CloneHakanPlease*

Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to know how you guys are liking Hudler so far. Met him a few times in real life and he was a fun dude to party with, and always thought he was underutilized and unfairly harped on in Detroit. Somehow everyone thought he sucked despite him being top 5 in goals per TOI. Really glad to see the cheeky little guy rack up 5 points in 3 games after his tough off-season.

How do you guys like him, If he can score at .8 ppg, will he be a fan favorite?

Last edited by a moderator:

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
He instantly became one of the most creative players on the team, looks great with Cervenka and Stajan, and brings such a different element to the team.

If he keeps playing well with those two, I suspect we'll love him.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
He's been terrific. Together with Cervenka, they add an element of skill and unpredictability that the Flames hasn't seen since Huselius.

CloneHakanPlease*

Reading these comments make me smile. Hears to him having a great season and making Babcock and 90% of the Wings board look like idiots.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
You can tell that Hudler came from an organization like the Red Wings and not the Panthers.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
You can tell that Hudler came from an organization like the Red Wings and not the Panthers.
The Detroit organisation is going downhill fast though. There seems to be some major disconnect between GM, coach, players and perhaps also scouting. In that state they couldn't possibly hope to handle losing one of the best defensemen and hockey leaders of all time. I think they're reeling. Will be interesting to see that all unravel.

No offense to any Red Wing fans in this thread. I don't mind your team or fans at all apart from the fact that they're in the West.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Love him.
He's first line talent, creative as hell.

Cervenka - MacKinnon - Hudler
Would be a sick first line going forward =o)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hudler has been fantastic so far, he is really clicking with both Cervenka and Stajan

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I wanna see Backlund center the Czech line, could be absolutely dangerous.
I want to see both Cervenka and Mikael bury some pucks. I don't think it could hurt trying them together. The line looks small on paper but those three are anything but soft. I've also liked Backs in the faceoff circle these last few games. Winning against some strong centers.

CloneHakanPlease*

The Detroit organisation is going downhill fast though. There seems to be some major disconnect between GM, coach, players and perhaps also scouting. In that state they couldn't possibly hope to handle losing one of the best defensemen and hockey leaders of all time. I think they're reeling. Will be interesting to see that all unravel.

No offense to any Red Wing fans in this thread. I don't mind your team or fans at all apart from the fact that they're in the West.

None taken. Nothing you have said I would disagree with. Ken Holland doesn't seem to be able to make a major decision one way or another. Not sure if we're still trying to move with the aging (and possibly soon to be Datsyuk-less) core, or go for a reload.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Wings are in a transition period now much like the Flames were post 03-04 imo.

The question is whether or not the right moves(if any) will be made to speed up or slow down the process.

Detroit's greatest success is also its achilles heals at times, its too loyal to players. Guys like Cleary and Miller really are not needed considering we have younger players that can do the same things. Then on the back end guys like Quincey are not making good cases for themselves of being retained either.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Hudler has been great! The chemistry between he and Cervenka has been incredible. I would love to see what they could do with someone who can work along the boards or find the holes in coverage around the net. Stajan has been good, but seems to be on a different page than the two Czechs. Hudler has been great, but a big part of his success has been the instant chemistry with Cervenka. Still looks great for the Flames. Best line this year so far.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I was kind of weary of that contract at first: a guy who put up decent numbers in a good system and unsure if he could transfer it here.

Those worries are gone, hell it is looking like a bargain so far.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wanna see Backlund center the Czech line, could be absolutely dangerous.
What's with the obsession Flames have with Backlund?

Why would you want to separate a line that has been our best over the past 3 games just to give Backlund a shot when Stajan while not as creative or quick has been able to get the line possession by winning draws and his defensive awareness has allowed Hudler and Cervenka to take more chances offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad