Thoughts on Hensick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
ciggyboy said:
I love this guy great shifty straight away speed can beat the D to the outside, a very fun player to watch who should have racked up more points so far.

Exactly. He is a tremendous skater who is very gifted offensively. His speed and shot make him extremely dangerous in the offensive zone. He's a bit on the smaller side though.

Pineault has been another guy that has impressed me, to some limited degree b/c of his little icetime. He's an awkward skater but manages to get to where he has got to go and isnt slow. He is a power forward to the fullest. Very nasty and punishes guys with his hits.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Balej's Dance said:
Exactly. He is a tremendous skater who is very gifted offensively. His speed and shot make him extremely dangerous in the offensive zone. He's a bit on the smaller side though.

Pineault has been another guy that has impressed me, to some limited degree b/c of his little icetime. He's an awkward skater but manages to get to where he has got to go and isnt slow. He is a power forward to the fullest. Very nasty and punishes guys with his hits.

and loses the puck if you breathe on him wrong. i had high hopes for pineault, but along with montoya and goligoski, he's been the biggest disappointment for me.

Corey

nomorekids said:
and loses the puck if you breathe on him wrong. i had high hopes for pineault, but along with montoya and goligoski, he's been the biggest disappointment for me.

I have the same opinion about Hensick, Montoya, and Goligoski. In particular I think the Rangers wasted a high pick on Montoya. Goligoski looked good playing for Minnesota. Hensick doesn't thrill me (Sickhen? :lol: ).

espo*

I have'nt been too impressed with him yet...you can see the skills but i don't think the guy has been doing all that much to help them win yet.....he isn't very good without the puck and having to play defense and he hurts them there a lot,this guy has to put points on the board to help them win and he's not doing enough of it.

regdunlap7

Sep 28, 2003
lowell, ma
Visit site
I'm only going on 2 MIchigan games I watched this year, and so far what I've seen in the WJC's, but I have to say I'm not that impressed with Hensick. He definitely has skills (vision, hands, shiftiness) but seems to me he disappears frequently for a guy with his abilities. Didn't he also get benched a bit earlier this year for the Woverines?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
regdunlap7 said:
I'm only going on 2 MIchigan games I watched this year, and so far what I've seen in the WJC's, but I have to say I'm not that impressed with Hensick. He definitely has skills (vision, hands, shiftiness) but seems to me he disappears frequently for a guy with his abilities. Didn't he also get benched a bit earlier this year for the Woverines?

cuh-razy. he's leading the team in points, at any rate.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
regdunlap7 said:
Didn't he also get benched a bit earlier this year for the Woverines?

Berenson did bench him for Michigan's 3-1 loss to Wisconsin earlier in the season, because of poor defensive play in UM's previous 5-1 loss to Minnesota the night before. However, Berenson also said there were about 10 players he could have benched based on the Minnesota game. Therefore, he was sitting his leading scorer to send a message to the team that everyone is accountable.

Showtime72

Jun 9, 2004
cyclops said:
I have'nt been too impressed with him yet...you can see the skills but i don't think the guy has been doing all that much to help them win yet.....he isn't very good without the puck and having to play defense and he hurts them there a lot,this guy has to put points on the board to help them win and he's not doing enough of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is why TJ Hensick should stick to playing roller hockey!! Offense shines, but play lax defense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad