Thoughts on Hensick

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Habitantpeasoup, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Habitantpeasoup

Habitantpeasoup Registered User

I love this guy great shifty straight away speed can beat the D to the outside, a very fun player to watch who should have racked up more points so far.

2. chicpea*

chicpea* Guest

he'd look good in speedos.

3. Anthony Mauro

Anthony Mauro DraftBuzz Hockey

Home Page:
    Exactly. He is a tremendous skater who is very gifted offensively. His speed and shot make him extremely dangerous in the offensive zone. He's a bit on the smaller side though.

Pineault has been another guy that has impressed me, to some limited degree b/c of his little icetime. He's an awkward skater but manages to get to where he has got to go and isnt slow. He is a power forward to the fullest. Very nasty and punishes guys with his hits.

4. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:

and loses the puck if you breathe on him wrong. i had high hopes for pineault, but along with montoya and goligoski, he's been the biggest disappointment for me.

5. Corey

Corey Guest

I have the same opinion about Hensick, Montoya, and Goligoski. In particular I think the Rangers wasted a high pick on Montoya. Goligoski looked good playing for Minnesota. Hensick doesn't thrill me (Sickhen? :lol: ).

6. espo*

espo* Guest

I have'nt been too impressed with him yet...you can see the skills but i don't think the guy has been doing all that much to help them win yet.....he isn't very good without the puck and having to play defense and he hurts them there a lot,this guy has to put points on the board to help them win and he's not doing enough of it.

7. regdunlap7

regdunlap7 Registered User

Home Page:
    I'm only going on 2 MIchigan games I watched this year, and so far what I've seen in the WJC's, but I have to say I'm not that impressed with Hensick. He definitely has skills (vision, hands, shiftiness) but seems to me he disappears frequently for a guy with his abilities. Didn't he also get benched a bit earlier this year for the Woverines?

8. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:

cuh-razy. he's leading the team in points, at any rate.

9. rt

rt DingDongTippIsGone! Sponsor

I've also been disappointed with Goligoski.

10. PMP5030

PMP5030 Registered User

Berenson did bench him for Michigan's 3-1 loss to Wisconsin earlier in the season, because of poor defensive play in UM's previous 5-1 loss to Minnesota the night before. However, Berenson also said there were about 10 players he could have benched based on the Minnesota game. Therefore, he was sitting his leading scorer to send a message to the team that everyone is accountable.

11. Showtime72

Showtime72 Registered User

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    That is why TJ Hensick should stick to playing roller hockey!! Offense shines, but play lax defense....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.