Thoughts on Emelin since he's not a hab anymore

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
When Emelin was a Hab we would see a bunch of threads complaining about how he's a dirty player but I haven't seen any threads about him this season. So I'm asking you guys what are your thoughts on Emelin as a Predator this year?

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
When Emelin was a Hab we would see a bunch of threads complaining about how he's a dirty player but I haven't seen any threads about him this season. So I'm asking you guys what are your thoughts on Emelin as a Predator this year?
He is still an NHL player, I believe.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
He's not as physical as he used to be in MTL, he hits less. His huge hits were fun, but when he missed them, he put himself in trouble. He toned that down a bit, and he concentrates on his defensive play. That being said, he still hits a lot, just not as much.

I think he's been pretty decent so far. He still messes up with the puck and gets beat, but he plays tough minutes and he can at least keep up with the pace. If the Preds had traded a top 4 D and replaced him with Emelin, that would be a different story, but considering his role in the top 4 is only temporary, he does the job.

He's been pretty fortunate in his career though, he played a few seasons with Andrei Markov, last year he played with Weber, now he plays with Subban. Not sure many players had that chance?

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's gotten better as the season has gone on. I think early he was trying to hit hard and it caused some issues. He's not great but he has gotten the job done.

Brownies

Always thought he was better than what we hear. If you controle his minute, he adds physicality, he can make a decent pass here and there and he's alright in his own zone most of the time. A good enough 5-6 dman in my book, but yeah he does make some stupid play once in a while and don't overplay him.... Habs found a way to put him on the first pair with Weber (who should've won the Norris for carrying Beaulieu and Emelin) for a decent stretch and were surprised that the experiment left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I can't believe he's in the NHL, yet there he is in the Predators top 4 defense

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
He's still an unintelligent dirty player. He doesn't play in a hockey mad market now. That's why you don't hear a ton about him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Still a dirty hockey player who never has to be held accountable for his cheap shots because he has a papier-mâché face and can't fight.

Reactions: Clode

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He's not as physical as he used to be in MTL, he hits less. His huge hits were fun, but when he missed them, he put himself in trouble. He toned that down a bit, and he concentrates on his defensive play. That being said, he still hits a lot, just not as much.

I think he's been pretty decent so far. He still messes up with the puck and gets beat, but he plays tough minutes and he can at least keep up with the pace. If the Preds had traded a top 4 D and replaced him with Emelin, that would be a different story, but considering his role in the top 4 is only temporary, he does the job.

He's been pretty fortunate in his career though, he played a few seasons with Andrei Markov, last year he played with Weber, now he plays with Subban. Not sure many players had that chance?
So he is uuderrated again.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Goood number 5 or 6 defenceman that was overpaid

Would take shlemko, morrow, Benn over him easily

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad