Thoughts on Crombeen?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Are there any true heavyweights left? If you look at the waiver wire there have been a bunch of heavyweights sent down. Teams aren't playing the 5-6 minutes guy who can't play and just looks to scrap. We don't need another Labrie type player, BJ is ok at his job. Teams really aren't running us, Letang hit Conacher a few times not Engelland. Letang isn't gonna drop with BJ and trying to jump him is a joke. We need Purcell, Pouliot, Carle and Brewer to start jumping in for Conacher or Vinny, they're big boys and need to play like it.

Thornton, Orr, McLaren, Finley, Boulton, Engelland, Westgarth, Erskine, Scott, Parros, Barch, Peluso, Bollig, Reaves, McGrattan, Bordeleau, Rupp, Bissonnette. I suppose you could argue against a couple of those guys being "true" heavyweights, but there's also plenty of guys who are in the MW/LHW class that take on the big boys from time to time. Fighting is up, and the heavyweights haven't died out yet.

One doesn't have to fight to stick up for teammates. Standing around and watching Chara and Marchand rough up Conacher is inexcusable no matter who is out on the ice. I always use Syracuse as an example, but the truth is, they have a pack mentality and always stand up for each other regardless of their role on the team.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Thornton, Orr, McLaren, Finley, Boulton, Engelland, Westgarth, Erskine, Scott, Parros, Barch, Peluso, Bollig, Reaves, McGrattan, Bordeleau, Rupp, Bissonnette. I suppose you could argue against a couple of those guys being "true" heavyweights, but there's also plenty of guys who are in the MW/LHW class that take on the big boys from time to time. Fighting is up, and the heavyweights haven't died out yet.

One doesn't have to fight to stick up for teammates. Standing around and watching Chara and Marchand rough up Conacher is inexcusable no matter who is out on the ice. I always use Syracuse as an example, but the truth is, they have a pack mentality and always stand up for each other regardless of their role on the team.

I would much rather use that pack mentality that Norfolk (Syracuse) uses than waste a lineup spot for a guy that can do nothing but fight. Really think Crombeen is just taking up a roster spot. He fights likes he wants no part of it anymore. A real team stands up as a pack.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Crombeen gets into fights at unnecessary times sometimes. Then, because he is not a good fighter, he gets his ass kicked which can be demoralizing to the team. I think his last fight he held his own, but I think he has lost a majority of his fights here. And the Rinaldo fight was just brutal to watch. I really felt sorry for home on that one. I can't imagine watching a teammate get knocked out like that is very uplifting. I said before, I think it is great, and I respect his willingness to drop the gloves. I just do not think he is a good fighter. That said, I am sure he could kick my ass

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: