Thoughts on Bournival?

Analyzer*

Lower toi, lower skilled linemates. Ahh the Therrien way. Always mess with what isn't broken.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Less ice time, a coach that put him on the fourth line or on the bench. He's also lost some speed with his foot injury.

It's also normal for a rookie like him to have big slumps.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Lower toi, lower skilled linemates. Ahh the Therrien way. Always mess with what isn't broken.

I feel like he has so much potential with good teammates. Well, we saw it with Pleks and Gionta ...

Was he simply on fire though? Or naturally good? Damn, I wished we saw more of him.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Frustrating to see him on a line that has very little chance of creating offence. He gives his all every game, and has obvious scoring ability. He's the kind of prospect that the good teams like Chicago and Boston always seem to pump out. He's a real gamer, and i hope we have other guys coming up like him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Therrien succesfully killed his jump. I hope he's happy. There's NOTHING like killing the confidence in any player but especially a younger player. Therrien is great at this. He's still a NHL,er in my books, but I can't wait till the Habs send him back so we'd have people saying how it will be great for him to play in Hamilton team....Only way it's great for him is that you send him away Therrien.....to then reunite him with Lefebvre. I mean, in life, somethimes, when you are stuck....you are stuck. I hope Bournival gets his jump back. And I suggest to him that he does it on his own. He's wasting his time on the 4th line right now, but he needs to do it all on his own and show them where he belongs.

Oct 22, 2012
Brings the intensity every game he's played and was able to play up and down our lineup when it was asked of him. Valuable asset. Just mismanaged.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
He's a keeper. In a few years Bournival-De la Rose will be our shutdown guys.

Mumbo

Aug 6, 2013
I love him, he's an extremely versatible that any team would want. He plays any wing, center, on any line. He probably could go full Connor Crisp mode and play goalie too. IM sure he could even be a ref!

Seriously though, he is getting sheltered a lot (thanks MT...) but I got no doubt he will have a bigger role next year especially with Gionta being gone.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Great kid, great bottom six kinda player who can fill in on the top 6 when needed. You win with players like him!

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Therrien succesfully killed his jump. I hope he's happy. There's NOTHING like killing the confidence in any player but especially a younger player. Therrien is great at this. He's still a NHL,er in my books, but I can't wait till the Habs send him back so we'd have people saying how it will be great for him to play in Hamilton team....Only way it's great for him is that you send him away Therrien.....to then reunite him with Lefebvre. I mean, in life, somethimes, when you are stuck....you are stuck. I hope Bournival gets his jump back. And I suggest to him that he does it on his own. He's wasting his time on the 4th line right now, but he needs to do it all on his own and show them where he belongs.

Or therrien is trying to see if bournival has a higher level than what he already has shown. If bournival can score and get better with the fourth line and continue to improve, he will play his way back to the top of the team ( where he has shown he belongs )… If he has what it takes :), This type of coaching can raise super stars.

cheers

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Deserves more but as a rookie, especially with the current coach, he will be jumped from line to line and can expect his share of time on the 4th line. So far he does look like a keeper.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
De la Rose-Bournival-Crisp line would be awesome 3rd line.

Crisp has a very long way to go still. He has impressed but he still has aton of work to do on his skating to open the door on being anything other than a 4th liner.

I personally see Eller as the guy that would play with them. Eller is miscast as a scoring center by many fans as he has a very low hockey IQ and just doesn't have the vision to be consistently productive. Eller is better when his role is simplified and expectations are lowered as he clearly has confidence issues.

These three would bring great speed and physicality to the 3rd line while still being able to produce offensively.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Above average skill level,great speed,decent size, can play both a grinding and finesse game, I'm sorry but the kid simply does not belong here.:shakehead:shakehead

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Or therrien is trying to see if bournival has a higher level than what he already has shown. If bournival can score and get better with the fourth line and continue to improve, he will play his way back to the top of the team ( where he has shown he belongs )… If he has what it takes :), This type of coaching can raise super stars.

cheers

huh, not really no, you don't demote a player to the 4th line when he showed he can be more than that already.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Above average skill level,great speed,decent size, can play both a grinding and finesse game, I'm sorry but the kid simply does not belong here.:shake head:shakehead

Agreed, the funny thing is how that skill set sticks out compared to all the rest of these so called "good" players ( aka bums ).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great kid, great bottom six kinda player who can fill in on the top 6 when needed. You win with players like him!

Pleasant surprise. Thought the cubpboard in Hamilton was bare when it came to forwards but he opened eyes during pre-season games and kept it going thereafter. Deservedly here, but undeservedly deprived of regular TOI.

TOI during the last 6 games:

Dec 21 '13 MTL @ NSH 6:34
Dec 19 '13 MTL @ STL 10:02
Dec 17 '13 PHX @ MTL 5:17
Dec 15 '13 FLA @ MTL 11:34
Dec 14 '13 MTL @ NYI 6:31
Dec 10 '13 LAK @ MTL 7:16

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Got a dirty hit to the head from a bruins player and shot on foot. And since he's been stuck on the 4th line with almost no opportunities. That's the gist of it. He'll be a player but he needs a break and we need a better coach.

samsquanch9*

De la Rose-Bournival-Crisp line would be awesome 3rd line.

Crisp is terrible. Montreal has a ton of players that can be in that spot though.

Collberg, Leblanc, Andrighetto, Hudon, McCarron, Reway, Holland, Thomas, Lehkonen etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad