Thoughts on Acuña being pulled for not running out double

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Yesterday, during the Braves/Dodgers game, Acuña was pulled before the fifth inning after failing to run out a drive off the right field wall in the third. The ball bounced off the wall for a long single. Acuña likely would have had an easy double if he had hustled from home plate.

I'm wondering your opinions. Locally, it's pretty split with half saying he should have been yanked, and others saying that it's one of the biggest games against the best team in the league and the star shouldn't be taken out.

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
If you dont hustle you dont play I dont care who you are! If Billy Martin can pull out Reggie Jackson than Acuña can be pulled out by anyone!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Absolutely. Effort is the one thing you can control and to not be on 2nd base on that is a joke. Gotta make sure something like that never happens again because it could be the difference in winning or losing a game

Plus the guy who replaced him hit a grand slam and basically won them the game

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
There is absolutely nothing that pisses off the bottom 80% of the bell curve more than the existence of separate rulebooks for them and for the top 20%.

I'd bet this is a massive net gain in approval rating from most of the clubhouse joes.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For it but not for waiting an inning to do it. Was Snitker taking a straw poll in the dugout? I didn’t realize Adam Duvall was some hockey goalie who needs a few minutes to warmup.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Was watching the game last night and Acuna didn’t show a lot of hustle on some other plays too. He is obviously an amazing natural talent and can get away with it on the field but there were a few times plays were much closer than they should have been because he didn’t put in max effort on the basepths or in the field. Young player. He’ll learn eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad