Thought starter: If this Malkins team

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Prior to rage. This is in no way a critique of Crosby, and please don't limit your focus to comparing it to only our current team or recent results.

How would it vary from our team now?

What current team would he best fit, or, could benefit from him most?

How would a gm build a team around Malkin's lead?

To start: Had Malkin gone to Montreal or the Leafs somehow it would be something to see. They would love him so much. amazing quotes. He would set those buildings on fire.

Edit: Mod please add was to the title (that's my bad)

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Converted to English

Before all of you jump on me, this is no way a critique Crosby thread. Don't limit the discussion in this thread based on our current team or recent results either.

How would a team built around Malkin, vary from a team built around Crosby? What team would benefit the most from Malkin based on his play?

Malkin is an Arsonist

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
DD with the comedy, no sarcasm. :laugh: :clap:

This team wasn't even built around Crosby, it's built around either Fleury/Defensemen or the idea of a 3C model. So I guess the Pens would have been the same in a lot of ways because Shero didn't think he had to build around Crosby and Malkin to begin with. So, it would all depend on the GM, the org and what would be different if the drafts had gone differently or how they'd get him. Putting Malkin on any team would have an effect on their roster because the cap is still a thing, so you'd have to work out the net gain over any changes. So many variables.

Malkin having to be the man with everything probably wouldn't be that great, what with the increased media expectations/obligations, which would be comical in Toronto or Montreal, and nothing to be the target over him. So that would go over swimmingly.

torrencemd

Jun 27, 2006
JVR-Malkin-Kessel would be an insane line to watch. Kadri would then be their 2nd line C.

I don't know if Sid would fetch JVR, Kessel and Kadri.

Maybe Sid and Sutter for the trips and a couple picks. Cuz honestly I'm keeping the big Russian machine right now over Sid...
AINEC

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
One thing I'll say about Geno: during times when Sid was out and he was the #1 guy, he took it to another level (even for him) many games and was borderline unstoppable much of the time. He actually plays better when he has the pressure of leading the team IMO, when he knows it's "his team". Food for thought.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Maybe Malkin could try staying healthy for a change?
He's part of the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad