those Oakley dark visors a la Ovechkin

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I play in a beer league as well, but I've pondered getting one to make myself a target. Get some orange laces, too. Then I remember I'm a defenseman, and don't want any extra attention in the rink, so I stick with my face cage and white laces.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
i wear one, its great too you get so much attention from it that guys tend to try to run ya leaving someone wide open...

...my thinking on it was if im gonna spend 60 dollars for a visor might as well go for style

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I was close to buying one then i figured if i was gonna go all out for style why not get a mirror...haha now I have to show up every game or the team reams me and also every game in warm ups i hear **** from the other team and throughout the game i do....doesnt help much either considering Ovechkin wore one over in Russia and i also skate down the ice with my tounge out :p:
everyone thinks im trying to be like him but i did it long before i knew who ovechkin was

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
On a related note, anyone know if Oakley visors fit Jofa helmets?

I'm guessing yes but I just want to check.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I was so close to getting one, it was painful ;)
if by some "accident" my visor ever gets a big scratch, maybe I'll be the talk of my beer league

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I got 1 and took a puck to the mouth 2 games in. It came in handy because I could take it off and use it like a mirror to see my lip torn up. It's not Oakley either, it's Itech.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Tikkanen said:
I got 1 and took a puck to the mouth 2 games in. It came in handy because I could take it off and use it like a mirror to see my lip torn up. It's not Oakley either, it's Itech.
I stand corrected...I was certain those visors were made by Oakley

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Funny how guys with stupid visors and fruity colored laces become targets, eh?

I know I make it a point to play them extra tight, and not give them an inch of free ice.

I played against one guy with a pink visor and matching laces. He even did a whole Selanne thing when he scored. One of our defencemen linbed him up nicely on the next shift. He was invisble after that.

Unless you love getting your @ss handed to you, stick to CCM and Bauer. That seems to be the rule.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Joe Cole said:

I know I make it a point to play them extra tight, and not give them an inch of free ice.

I played against one guy with a pink visor and matching laces. He even did a whole Selanne thing when he scored. One of our defencemen linbed him up nicely on the next shift. He was invisble after that.

Unless you love getting your @ss handed to you, stick to CCM and Bauer. That seems to be the rule.

What if the colored laces come with skates like Graf's? If you look at my 703's compared to today's Bauer and CCM skates I am the one sporting a more old school traditional look. No funky silver material or glitter covered boot, just a plain black boot with a plain white tuuk. ;)

I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of the new visors.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think you should buy what you want. I have the mirrored half shield and I'm an intermediate player. I don't have an arseanal of moves and I don't celebrate after I score goals. We all pay for our own equipment, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
My brother has a blue visor, but then again he needs it because his eyes don't differenciate colours and what not. It's sweet though.

Both Itech and Oakley make a TINTED visor -- only itech makes a fully mirrored one. Ovechkin wore the mirror in world juniors and such, but wears the just tinted one now (if you look hard, you can see through it). The mirrored one ( HS22 I think) isn't certified by HECC or whoever does those things.

Yeah, I've been that ******* wearing one before (when I first saw Ovechkin do it.) took me 2 whole weeks to figure out what a tool i was.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Hard to argue with anything he does. Reaching the 50 goal mark and finishing in the top three in scoring as a rookie is pretty impressive.

I think we are about to witness the next truely great player.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
Joe Cole said:

funny thing is that people will play someone extra tight just because of their equipment...hey atleast that means im getting people's best everytime...more fun for me :D

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The same thing was said when Gretzky used the chrome Easton and Federov with his white Nike's. If somebody wants to beat me up cause of my visor I would guess his IQ is well below the # on the back of his jersey.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Folks that wear tinted visors might as well put a bullseye on themselves.

I personally could not care less.

Habs Man

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal
Hey Guys... I work over at Oakley, and although The Hockey Company (CCM, Itech, Jofa, RBK) is the sole distributor of our visors now, Oakley makes them.

The visor that Ovechkin wore in the Montreal game was a Black Iridium Visor, made by Oakley of course and exclusive to Ovechkin. The "Iridium" is the mirror coating that goes on the visor to give it that reflective/mirror look. Ovechkin usually wears a 20% grey visor, which has no mirror coating on it all. Eric Weinrich wears a H.I. (High Intensity) Yellow visor when he plays.

The visors can mount on any helmet type regardless of brand, and offer not only the best optical quality in the industry, but exceed ANSI Z87.1 standards for high velocity and high mass impact. http://oakley.ca/technology/impact_protection/

Thought you guys might liek to know!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Anyone who would go after someone else because of their equipment is obviously a person of a lower IQ level in serious need of some mental counselling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad