Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
He left 30.5 on the table. See a tweet in the op.

Huh, I never would have believed that. Thought he could take some kind of discount of course, but.. heck! He really wanted to come to Minnesota. Wow, this is so different.. in comparison with the situation when Gaborik left. Just huge.. I mean where Minnesota Wild as a franchise is right now.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Can we start the season tomorrow? Vanek FBJ Pomminville is going to be a sick line. Granny is going to get 60 assists. Vanek and Pomminville are just going to have to get to good areas. Awesome contract too. Way to go fletcher! You did it again.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Can we start the season tomorrow? Vanek FBJ Pomminville is going to be a sick line. Granny is going to get 60 assists. Vanek and Pomminville are just going to have to get to good areas. Awesome contract too. Way to go fletcher! You did it again.

I think Vanek-Granlund-Pommer is too slow. I'd rather have one of Nino/Coyle/Parise there.

Miqqo

Apr 18, 2014
Michael Russo @Russostrib · 30 s
Ballard did a little "arm-twisting" with Vanek #mnwild

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
As it stands now:

Parise-Granny-Poms
Vanek-Koivu-Coyle
Nino-Haula-Fontaine/Zucker/Bulmer
Cooke-Brodz-Fontaine/Bulmer

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Parise/Vanek - Granlund - Pominville
Vanek/Parise - Koivu - Nino/Coyle
Cooke/Zucker - Haula - Coyle/Nino
Cooke/Whoever - Brodziak - Fontaine

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Brodin
Ballard - Folin/Blum

Still have $13m+ in space... probably down to ~$7m after the RFAs re-sign.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I think it sucks a bit that Nino is getting pushed to the 3rd line. Depth is great...but the kid has played well enough to get a shot in the top 6.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Top two will certainly be:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Vanek - Granlund - Pominville

Koivu line gets heavy assignments, Granlund line takes advantage. Not sure how the bottom 6 plays out because Fletcher always seemingly makes moves there but I'd say it's a great bet that Coyle will play over Nino...

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Ok...this is now the 2nd time we've had a Dman be the one who talks to the star player about coming here :biglaugh: didn't Gilbert do it with Parise?

Fletcher is a true chess master, he saw all this already years before :biglaugh:

Miqqo

Apr 18, 2014
Top two will certainly be:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Vanek - Granlund - Pominville

Koivu line gets heavy assignments, Granlund line takes advantage. Not sure how the bottom 6 plays out because Fletcher always seemingly makes moves there but I'd say it's a great bet that Coyle will play over Nino...

That would make sense in every level.

Miqqo

Apr 18, 2014
Michael Russo @Russostrib
Yeo knows Vanek/Pominville chemistry, but my guess, #mnwild camp starts: Parise-Granlund-Pominville; Vanek-Koivu-Coyle

Miqqo

Apr 18, 2014
Chad Graff @ChadGraff · 11 s
#MNWild GM Chuck Fletcher in a statement: "Thomas is an elite offensive talent who showed a strong desire to play in Minnesota."

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Michael Russo @Russostrib
Yeo knows Vanek/Pominville chemistry, but my guess, #mnwild camp starts: Parise-Granlund-Pominville; Vanek-Koivu-Coyle

I think it'd be dumb not to play Vanek with Pominville if they have previous experience together. There's no statistical evidence to suggest that Parise should be kept with Granlund and Pominville. Vanek and Pominville aren't defensive dynamos but you'd just then have to shelter the line a bit.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
iggy changes the avs speed game and almost cost as much as vanek.... if i were them i would've def payed the extra 1.7 to keep stastny... instead they lost him for nothing. bad gming imho

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
I can't emphasize enough my love for this deal. If it was more then 3 years we might have had a problem, but in Fletcher we trust, couldn't be happier!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Lines will play out in training camp and whoever has chemistry with whoever will play together. I'm not concerned about that at all right now.

Bottom line is we picked up a dangerous top 6 forward who wants to play here on a pretty decent deal.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I did a 180 degree turn in this case during the Frenzy. The deal is so reasonable that it doesn't hurt Wild too much even if it doesn't pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad