Thomas Pock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
What do you guys think of him? In limited action last year with the Rangers, he did fairly well. Will he be a player in the NHL, or have we seen just about the last of him? What is his ceiling?

I also notice that he has only played in 12 of Hartford's games, does anyone know about this?

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
Thornton97 said:
What do you guys think of him? In limited action last year with the Rangers, he did fairly well. Will he be a player in the NHL, or have we seen just about the last of him? What is his ceiling?

I also notice that he has only played in 12 of Hartford's games, does anyone know about this?

He had an abdominal strain in training camp that forced him to miss the earlier part of the season.

I saw all of Pock's games in NY last year, and a few televised ones in Hartford this year, and I have to say I was very, very impressed. He skates like the wind, he has a lethal wrist shot, he's very smart in the offensive zone, and works hard on defense (even if he isn't terribly good at it).

I'm still guarded in my projection for him since he's got so little experience on the blue-line, but I honestly believe that he's got the skills to be a real stud offensive defenseman. It's just a question of how fast the Rangers can teach him to keep things together in his own zone.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
He missed the start of the season with an abdonimal injury I believe.

He would have started the season on the Rangers. He is an offensive player that is converted from forward.

He's not going to put up good point totals in the AHL because Hartford is weak on offense but hes working on his defensive play as of now, and its looking good.

He will probably end up being a 2nd pair defensemen and a PP quartback. He has a fairly high ceiling because of how good he is on offense.

He reminds me of Leetch, he is very calm and collected with the Puck. He likes to skate the puck up into the offensive zone and leas the rush that way.

He has a very, very good wrist shot. But thats because he has a weak slap shot. Or atleast it appears so. I've seen him near 10 times now and haven't seen it. But it doesn't seem to bother him.

BTW, an interesting note is he signed with the Rangers at noon (right out of college), drove to the game, and suited up. So that debut was even more impressive.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
I'll second what the previous Ranger fan said about Thomas. Our AHL team lost its best two D-men in Tjut and Kondrat to Russia.

And Pock seems more focused on his D than offense.

He has an excellent wrist shot and is a fluid skater. I think he projects well at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad