Confirmed with Link: Thomas Greiss Retires

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I will always vividly remember the moment where the Islanders played the Penguins on a back to back and Greiss had that flying poke check in OT. That was the first moment after Tavares left that I thought "this team is actually good without him."

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I had no idea as to the controversy surrounding hIm and German national team, this was happening as he was an islander too. Designs on his helmets, he’s never commented on it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Great backup who took the reigns for periods of time when the team needed. Understood his role and seems to have been a very good person. Always liked him, just not when he was starting three or four games in a row. :laugh:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Retired from hockey or just the NHL?

I knew he spent time in the Carolina's during the offseason but the way the title is written makes it seem like he may go play in Germany or elsewhere overseas.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Will always appreciate Thomas! Good guy and gave us some quality goaltending in key moments.

The Crosby poke check will always be epic. Congratulations to Ze German on a tremendous career!!

better than that poke check was how he and his wife opened up their hearts and their possessions to anyone or everyone in need when Covid came a calling.…. For that I will always be a fan of his.

Reactions: SI90

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The NHL should award the "Greiss Trophy" every year to best backup goaltender.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Great Islander. Will always appreciate his 2016 Round 1 performance against Florida to get the team over the playoff round drought.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Shame he retired, we actually could have used him as a 3rd Goalie in our system, even though Greiss probably would not have opted to do that for us. I hope Tristan Lennox gets some experience fast in Bridgeport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad