News Article: Thomas Greiss excited for new challenge in Detroit

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Thomas Greiss excited for new challenge in Detroit

Excerpts:

"Greiss and his wife, Brittany, also have a passion for animals and the military. The couple is sponsoring and training a puppy named Vaughn, in partnership with America's VetDogs, which is a non-profit organization that provides service dogs for veterans or first responders with disabilities."

"It's a great program, helping out veterans with service dogs," said Greiss, who also has two dogs of his own. "They're very well trained and just great friends to have around. They do an amazing job of helping out those people."
"Greiss is chomping at the bit to get back on the ice and start a new adventure with the Red Wings.
"For sure, the sooner, the better," Greiss said when asked if he's ready for the season to start. "I'm here early skating with the guys. I met a bunch of guys. I'm excited to get going."

"Greiss said he hopes his veteran presence and experience can help the young Red Wings roster speed up the rebuild in Detroit and return the club to prominence sooner than later."

"It's a different outlook, coming from the Islanders, but we had some tough times there, too," Greiss said. "I've been in a bunch of different positions with great teams, with not so good teams. I have a lot of experience both ways. I'm looking forward for a new challenge and new environment, new team and playing hockey."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00