News Article: THN's top 10 Norris Candidates (Dewy #2)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nice to see some recognition for Doughty but he'd have to keep up an even higher level of play for the rest of the season considering how slow he was to start. They back up their opinion pretty well though because I came in here to bash Doughty a little :laugh:

Giordano needs to be higher, and leaving Weber off just completely blasts the article.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
How is Shea Weber, And Ryan Suter not even on that list ?

Letang number one ? ughhh.

The Norris is becoming a joke.

Shea Weber is once again, having a Norris caliber season.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Doughty hasn't even been the best defenseman on his team.

NHL awards don't recognise Mexicans

Giordano should have won the Norris last year, and at the moment he should win it this year. The dude is an absolute monster, shame he isn't getting to play on a a good team so he could style on people to a global audience

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
lol at that article though. Use jargon so people will think you look clever

In the categories used to rank all the defensemen on this list, Letang is the only one to finish outside the top 10 in only one category, and that’s defensive zone starts. And it’s tough for him to finish high in that category considering how well he’s driving play.

Doesn't even make sense. Firstly defensive zone starts isn't something a player can control, that is all down to the coach and how good the team is. Secondly to say its tough for him to have lots of defensive zone starts because he drives the play, could not be more wrong. The only way your ability to drive play would be relevant to zone starts is if you are excellent at it, in which case your coach will give you more defensive zone starts because you will end the shift with the puck 200 feet away from your net most of the time. AKA THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THE ARTICLE

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I don't think Doughty will win the Norris until he improves his scoring. For a guy with his ice time and puck moving skills to have as few goals and points as he does is rather amazing. He is indisputably the best two way D-man in the league, except for his inability to finish. He simply doesn't get his shot through at all.

I love Dewey but that part of his game drives me nuts.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think Doughty will win the Norris until he improves his scoring. For a guy with his ice time and puck moving skills to have as few goals and points as he does is rather amazing. He is indisputably the best two way D-man in the league, except for his inability to finish. He simply doesn't get his shot through at all.

Seriously--if he ever figured out that a simple McNabb wristshot is 10x more effective than what he's doing now, he'd be a lock.

and Muzzinga--I lol'd because I literally didn't even read Letang's subtext. He's playing well but to put him above any of Gio/Weber and arguably a few others made me click the 'x'.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
How is Shea Weber, And Ryan Suter not even on that list ?

Letang number one ? ughhh.

The Norris is becoming a joke.

Shea Weber is once again, having a Norris caliber season.

This is the only time I've heard his name mentioned this entire season. If Letang wins it they should just turn it over to the fans, because it's no longer about being a good defenseman.

The final 3 guys over Weber is just laughable.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

He's very good now, and once he stops trying to pick corners and showcase all the "sick dangles" for the highlight reel play, he'll be great.

Last edited:

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
NHL awards don't recognise Mexicans

Giordano should have won the Norris last year, and at the moment he should win it this year. The dude is an absolute monster, shame he isn't getting to play on a a good team so he could style on people to a global audience

Who's Mexican?

Anyways, Letang number 1? He doesn't even belong on a Norris candidate list. You play with Crosby and Malkin no **** your +/-, corsi, assists, etc. are going to be up there. Subban should be way at the bottom of lists too.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
KINGS_Alec_DL.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad