News Article: THN's 2014-15 NHL season preview: Edmonton Oilers

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
We will finish 3rd in the division

Last year towards the end of year, they were neck and neck with the best in our division. And that was on a very bad year, with no hope of the playoffs.

Watch the magic

What was our record for the last 10-15 games last year again? Can't remember.

oilz89*

We will finish 3rd in the division

Last year towards the end of year, they were neck and neck with the best in our division. And that was on a very bad year, with no hope of the playoffs.

Watch the magic

Lol honestly I think teams didn't really give a 100% when they played us because... well we're the Oilers :laugh:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Technically isn't any team that misses the playoffs "in the lottery"?

Well I think when most people think of the term "lottery team"... they still relate that to being a bottom 5 team from the years when those were the only teams with a shot at #1.

It's just a shorter and more flowery way of saying ****ing awful team that needs perennial welfare assistance to have any hopes of ever climbing out of the sewer.

Gambl0r83*

We are better than San Jose

They lost Boyle, Thornton/Marleau and both 35
Not far off the truth
Only thing as, I agree they is a chance they will better in the 82 stretch, but face to face, they may still have our number. For the exception of Scivey's 59 save pwnage, San Jose had their way with us last year

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I expect a much better season. Even without this summers acquisitions of Purcell, Nikitin, Pouliot, Fayne, Aulie and LD, we were a .500 team with Scrivens/Fasth. Out only minus was Gagner and we've improved our veteran presence, bottom six and defence. It's not a big stretch to expect us to finish with 82 to 92 points next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad