News Article: THN top pound for pound fighters

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Good for Prust. I mean, sometimes you need a guy to go and its good to have a guy willing and able to drop them. Not surprised about Reaves being up there, I have, I will say, talked about him a bunch of times as a guy who would look good on the 4th line. Understand that for me a guy needs to be able to play first, and Reaves gives you 7 minutes plus a game without hurting the team, and also importantly, he hits, a lot. He is UFA at seasons end, but cant imagine the Blues not extending him. If they don't, then sign this guy.He would be an upgrade on Parros.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Future of fighting.

45fpTu4.gif

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lucic is the best fighter in the super-chicken-weight division, he won't drop them against Murray or Parros

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Future of fighting.

45fpTu4.gif

Still one of the funniest gif ever! Geeze, did they even realize what they were doing!! :laugh:

Lucic is the best fighter in the super-chicken-weight division, he won't drop them against Murray or Parros

Much much better fighter than Murray.

You have to realize these players don't fight because they like it. Parros said it best. He'd love to get paid for scoring goals, unfortunately, that won't happen, so he fights.

Lucic isn't in this league to fight, let alone fight other teams goons. Take it another way. Does Plekanec fight Rinaldo? Does Pacioretty fight Neil? Are they chicken?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Still one of the funniest gif ever! Geeze, did they even realize what they were doing!! :laugh:

You have to realize these players don't fight because they like it. Parros said it best. He'd love to get paid for scoring goals, unfortunately, that won't happen, so he fights.

Lucic isn't in this league to fight, let alone fight other teams goons. Take it another way. Does Plekanec fight Rinaldo? Does Pacioretty fight Neil? Are they chicken?

Yes but Murray still answered the bell for his teammate against Big John Scott

Fighting is zero part of these 2 guys games whereas Milan drops them when he knows he can win

Otherwise he's a goal scorer who's too valuable to be off the ice

I call that chicken - or selective if you prefer

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Murray has gone up against some of the biggest baddest and meanest and not looked bad. He held his own against Scott, Lucic wouldn't even make eye contact with Scott, instead letting Thornton take a beating. Chara is the same, he will never fight anybody his size or close, the closest he came was Laraque and he immediately went for the wrestling takedown before Laraque could clock him.

The difference between Lucic and guys like Plekanec and Pacioretty is they go around acting like tough guys then use the "I'm worth more on the ice" card when it's convenient.

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Tootoo always frightened me. His willingness to take on anyone was a little unsettling, as is his toughness.

I always loved Tootoo! I wanted the Habs to sign him the year he signed with Detroit but his salary was a little too steep for a 4th liner. The guy is made of bricks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad