News Article: THN top pound for pound fighters

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Tootoo always frightened me. His willingness to take on anyone was a little unsettling, as is his toughness.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That's cause nobody wants to fight him...and I don't blame them.

A lot of guys want to fight Lucic but he won't fight what they have as "super hevyweights".

Do you seriously think guys like Orr Parros McLaren Scott etc WON'T fight Lucic?

:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A list of bare-knuckled fighters that take the stage until, somehow, a hockey game breaks out. Rodney Dangerfield would be proud.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Surprised Parros didn't make the list.

If it wasn't "pound for pound" Parros would surely be there. He would beat the crap out of a lot of those guys but they are 180-210lbs. Scott also.

Weird that they put Orr in there ahead of Parros though. Orr has a lot more losses tahn Parros the last few years.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
If it wasn't "pound for pound" Parros would surely be there. He would beat the crap out of a lot of those guys but they are 180-210lbs. Scott also.

Weird that they put Orr in there ahead of Parros though. Orr has a lot more losses tahn Parros the last few years.

Orr knocked out Scott last season, he's having a down year as he gave the edge to Parros 3 times already this season. But last season he was still in discussion for the toughest guy in the NHL, he hits hard still.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Lucic will fight tomorrow, pretty sure about that.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Lucic will fight tomorrow, pretty sure about that.

I hope not. The only one who can take him is Parros and we're not sure he's gonna play cause it means a lot of double shiftings on a second game of a back ot back. Prust didn't look bad in his two fights gainst him but i'd prefer if he never drops against Lucic ever again.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Orr knocked out Scott last season, he's having a down year as he gave the edge to Parros 3 times already this season. But last season he was still in discussion for the toughest guy in the NHL, he hits hard still.

He stung Scott with a punch, I would hardly call it a knock out.

Orr "swings for the fences" so to speak and at times he is the one getting KOed.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I hope not. The only one who can take him is Parros and we're not sure he's gonna play cause it means a lot of double shiftings on a second game of a back ot back. Prust didn't look bad in his two fights gainst him but i'd prefer if he never drops against Lucic ever again.

I'm sure Murray is willing to go.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'd prefer is all of the Habs defensemen just stay as far away from Lucic as possible

Lucic was rendered completely ineffective when Komisarek was abusing him like a bad stepchild. That was the couple years before the fight where he blew out his shoulder. I'd love to see Murray abuse Lucic physically then beat him up with the gloves off.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Well it always depends on the way the game is going. If your remember correctly last year, Prust fought Lucic at Boston and that's how we were back in the game to make a comeback. 24CH Link

Of course I hope nobody fights him if we're playing a solid game, though.

habsfan22

Jul 7, 2013
Don't imagine Murray will be sheddding the gloves until the stitches Scott gave him come out.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They say the player needs a minimum of two fights this season to appear in the list. Lucic fought only once.

So how does a 220lb guy end up on a lb for lb list anyways? The entire list is needs to be revamped to match the article headline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad