News Article: THN: Islanders Next Generation Slams Book Shut On Tavares Era With Convincing Win Over Maple Leafs

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This reporter is looking through the wrong end of the telescope. Instead of saying the Islanders aren't toast without Tavares, ask how could they could've been if Trotz was coaching him with the Islanders.

Agreed. Add in deHaan to for that matter

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I really don’t like this part
“said Lamoriello, who also said “without question” there will be a tribute to Tavares when he returns to Long Island Feb. 28 in a game that fittingly, will be played at Nassau Coliseum.”

Would be ABSOLUTELY LEGENDARY if the PA announcer comes on and says,"Fans...Please turn your attention to the scoreboard where we have a video in honor of your former captain John Tavares..."

...And then the video is only quotes of Tavares saying how much he likes it with the Islanders and wants to stay.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Would be ABSOLUTELY LEGENDARY if the PA announcer comes on and says,"Fans...Please turn your attention to the scoreboard where we have a video in honor of your former captain John Tavares..."

...And then the video is only quotes of Tavares saying how much he likes it with the Islanders and wants to stay.

Blame it on being hacked by some rogue Isles fans. Deny any involvement.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Blame it on being hacked by some rogue Isles fans. Deny any involvement.

"John...We are so so sorry. Looks like the *billboard crew* learned how to hack into our system. Let us make it up to you...How about 11.1 million a year?"

Reactions: SI90

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
@Eberzal keeps saying it but he is 100% correct. Is the 2015 team was coached by Trotz they would have reached the conference finals.

But...

Since snow was incapable of hiring anyone who was smarter than him or would question him in any way, hiring a real coach, much less one of Trotz's caliber, was 1000% completely off the table.

Reason #1,840,541,930 why I wish someone threw him in Sarlacc's Pit.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I would take a 4-0 win again but at the end of the game hit him into the bench or something. It is not like Toronto is going to be able to do **** anyway. I'm pretty sure some of the fans might be tougher than that roster.
Man, I was really hoping that someone with half a spine on TML would actually get frustrated last night and show some emotion. That would have been the icing on the cake. Trotz had the boys focused on what’s really important but if someone like Kadri lashed out a bit, I suspect the team would have been real quick to react. Similar to the night before. You want to have 3 fights? We can go three deep. Wanna throw down again? Please meet Johnny Boychuk and Anders Lee.

I really think the vibe and emotion and the Coliseum brings things to a head at times. I wouldn’t be surprised if that game turns....emotional.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Nolan is a terrible coach, so that being the bar should tell you all you need to know.

I am not sure he is terrible, the fact he took that 2007 team to the playoffs does say something, all that being said Nolans big issue seems to be personality clashes with players and management

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
But Perif, that's mathematically impossible. He DID hire someone . . .

Your point is well taken, but then again...

image.JPG

Reactions: leeroggy

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I really don’t like this part
“said Lamoriello, who also said “without question” there will be a tribute to Tavares when he returns to Long Island Feb. 28 in a game that fittingly, will be played at Nassau Coliseum.”

The “tribute” is a Lou tactic to fire up the crowd. Lou knows the crowd will go nuts with anti traitor chants

Reactions: Bronson

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
20 years ago I had a decent opinion of the University of Maine.

Decent opinion = safe school . . . like when I am responding to Casey Powell's digs over the Kraus-Simmons Trophy game results . . . not that I'm dropping names or anything.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The “tribute” is a Lou tactic to fire up the crowd. Lou knows the crowd will go nuts with anti traitor chants

That is what I was thinking too. Get the vitriol flowing in the building and it fires up the Isles even more.

Who knows, maybe Kadri gets a little chippy and then Ross or Martin pummel him. I can see that game being very spirited.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017

Anders Lee makes the same comments but hasn't signed a contract. Obviously he plans on not being here next year and is not worried about the thought of having to play for a different team next year. Besides, you only remember half his xomments. He made plenty of comments that indicated he needed to wait till the off-season to decide his future and winning and location were the two most important things to him. He signed in his home town and gets to live with his wife who has no friends or family or job on long island. And he signed with a team that had it's best regular season ever last year. So JT didn't lie to anyone. He actually was very predictable

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Anders Lee makes the same comments but hasn't signed a contract. Obviously he plans on not being here next year and is not worried about the thought of having to play for a different team next year. Besides, you only remember half his xomments. He made plenty of comments that indicated he needed to wait till the off-season to decide his future and winning and location were the two most important things to him. He signed in his home town and gets to live with his wife who has no friends or family or job on long island. And he signed with a team that had it's best regular season ever last year. So JT didn't lie to anyone. He actually was very predictable

Let's make a little bet here. If he does resign with the Islanders you have to change your username to the correct spelling of Aaron Judge's name. If he does not resign with the Islanders I will change my username to whatever you want for the entire offseason.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Sounds good. I think Lee would of signed already. Josh has kid and wife settled here. He signed for slight discount. Casey clutterbuck signed but they are 4th liners they can't be picky. Lou is in a bad spot, he should of signed all three of these guys before the first game or traded them. Now he's got a team that will be in a playoff race that has to start dumping players or lose three more for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad