This Team

Captain Mittens*

Hear, hear! Some of us around here stuck around during the dark days of the post-Gretzky era Kings, having to endure the likes of Vladimir Tsyplakov, Brad Smyth, Kai Nurminen, Vitali Yachmenev, etc. as top six forwards.
How could you leave out Sandy "Foot in the crease" Moger?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
https://twitter.com/MoralHazurd/status/343762498433994752
@Rich_Hammond In last 10 yrs, of the 21 NHL teams to make the Conf. Finals only 2 did it AFTER winning the Cup the prior yr. DET & LAK.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Great thread, exactly my thoughts. If you would have whispered to me while Joe was flopping around center ice "psst, dont' worry, you'll have a cup next year, beat all your demons, and go to the WCF in 2013", I would have been ecstatic. I'll take it, and I'll also take the heart they showed this year--everyone wondered how we deal with adversity? Boom.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
**** all the spoiled bandwagoners who didn't endure the tough years, the pain to watch the Dorks won a Cup, the **** we were a Mickey Mouse organization for decades.

This team made our dreams come true, they won't ever be forgotten.
Next year we'll be back stronger than ever....thanks for another great run, proud of our guys.

And btw, RP, great thread.

As someone who survived the Wirtz years only to see perhaps the largest bandwagon in NHL history come to town, I'd say: Who cares?

You enjoyed the Cup win last year more than any bandwagoner possibly could. They will never have that.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
To think I started cheering for the Kings because I have a thing for cheering for the underdogs. Joke's on me I guess.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Well done boys, you fought like tough mother****ers. I couldn't help but feel you guys were playing on borrowed time with the injuries sustained. I'm proud as **** of this team...

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
1) 38 playoff games in 2012 and 2013
2) 25-13 overall record
3) 5-3 in OT games
4) 12-9 in 1 goal games
5) 17-10 in games decided by 1 goal/empty net goal
6) 27 of 38 games, or 71%, decided by 1 goal/empty net goal
7) 8 of 9 losses in 2013 by 1 goal
8) 7 of 9 wins in 2013 by 1 goal/empty net goal
9) 6-1 series record
10) 1 Cup

Add what happened with all the 1 goal games during the 11-12 regular season. You can even add the wait they had before defending the Cup to actually getting to defend the Cup. One of the harder hitting series in recent years against St.Louis, and a long drawn out slog against San Jose.

Some of that may be self inflicted, because of the way they play. The Kings don't always make it easy on themselves, let alone the other team.

That's a lot of close hockey, in pressure situations. The Kings have done a few things over the last two years that no team has done. They've done some things that few teams in recent history have done. They've done 1 thing the franchise has never done before. They've had 2 of the 3 most successful post seasons in franchise history.

Can't wait to see next year get started.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
My honest assessment is that we haven't even come close to see the best that this team can bring to us. We WILL absolutely win another cup within the next season or two at the very outside. I believe that with every bit of me. Just like I used to catch heck around here in 11 when I said that "I think that 2012 is our year" and had it brought back up when we were struggling to even score a goal under TM I wasn't phased.

All you have to do is look and you can see that we are about to get even better and with our depth we will be right there and ready for the next several years.

Not a doubt in my mind.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
My honest assessment is that we haven't even come close to see the best that this team can bring to us. We WILL absolutely win another cup within the next season or two at the very outside. I believe that with every bit of me. Just like I used to catch heck around here in 11 when I said that "I think that 2012 is our year" and had it brought back up when we were struggling to even score a goal under TM I wasn't phased.

All you have to do is look and you can see that we are about to get even better and with our depth we will be right there and ready for the next several years.

Not a doubt in my mind.

:handclap: :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad