This Team

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm so proud of our Kings. So. Damn. Proud.

Back in 2011 if you told me we would win a Stanley Cup in one of the most dominant runs in history and then go back to the Western Conference Finals, right after losing to the Sharks, I would have laughed in your face. But we did it! We won the Cup!

The way we've played, coming back against the Blues to win, beating the Sharks in seven, and eventually losing in 2OT to the class of the NHL, I can't be disappointed. I know I should be angry, saddened, and even disgusted, but I have a giant grin.

Dean assembled a tremendous team that is full of heart, will, and passion. I could never be angry at this team after their gutsy defense.

When the dust settles and everything is revealed, I believe our team will be exposed and very injured. From top to bottom we have banged up guys. This isn't an excuse, but rather proof that the boys, through all of this, played with the heart of a champion regardless of their health.

I see very big things for our Kings next year. Insane center depth, stifling defense, and the best goalie in the league will lead us on numerous more deep runs.

The emergence of our younger players proves this team has only scratched their potential. From the emergence of Slava Voynov to the display of raw talent within Tyler Toffoli, I believe our best years are ahead of us.

Losing hurts, but this will light another fire under this team.

Is it October yet?

Go Kings Go!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Amen.

I'm one happy fan, all things considered. Love the guys on the team. Love that they won it all once and gave it a serious run the following year. Get some rest, heal up and give it another go next year.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
So very proud.

We will EF UP THOSE HAWKS FOR SOME OF THIS CRUD NEXT SEASON!

Can't wait for the draft. the trades that we have coming and then the camps. It is going to be a great summer. The team will be a bit different/better next season and significantly more well rested. I can't wait. Great thread.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Poor boys need a vacation. They had nothing left in the tank and they still rallied to tie it, then battled for two more periods. They could've quit after going down 2-0 when they were all obviously banged up. They got a cup last year, I don't think anyone would've blamed them. But they didn't.

True hearts of champions. Once we are healthy again next year, watch out, we are going to get that 2nd Cup. Just a matter of when.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I ****ing love this team. A lot of you ****s see me as negative but really I'm just a realist. Sucks to lose but ****ing impressive what we've done over the past two years. I will forever and always love this team and want to thank them for a frustrating but amazing year.

Also, Slava is sex.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There is nothing to be ashamed about with this team and nobody should hang their heads low with how this team performed. They went out like fighting champs, and look at how many one goal losses the team had throughout the playoffs.

Regroup, refocus, and heal up over the long summer and get right back on top of their horses and prepare to make another run at the Cup.

Thankfully the Kings doesn't have many holes to address. Aside from the top priority of re-signing Voynov, Lombardi has to finally address the team's need for a scoring left wing who is capable of producing consistently. It won't be easy to find such a player, but leave no stone unturned.

Onto the next phase of the off-season, preparing for the draft.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Poor boys need a vacation. They had nothing left in the tank and they still rallied to tie it, then battled for two more periods. They could've quit after going down 2-0 when they were all obviously banged up. They got a cup last year, I don't think anyone would've blamed them. But they didn't.

True hearts of champions. Once we are healthy again next year, watch out, we are going to get that 2nd Cup. Just a matter of when.

couldnt have said it better

one proud fan

heel up and relax

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Proud of this team.

tumblr_lyndt8aDZe1qigzmv.gif

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I ****ing love this team. A lot of you ****s see me as negative but really I'm just a realist. Sucks to lose but ****ing impressive what we've done over the past two years. I will forever and always love this team and want to thank them for a frustrating but amazing year.

Also, Slava is sex.

I see you as important. I see the other "negative" posters as important too. To me it is important that every voice be heard. It helps everyone solidify their true thoughts and feelings about things. We all frustrate each other from time time (some of us frustrate people more than others myself included) but we all want the same thing. We want to see the Kings win the cup. That is the most important part of the HF experience to me.

We could all find this sort of thing elsewhere. Some of us by playing the game. Some of us by hanging out with friends or even on other websites but for the most part I like the fact that no matter what we are all die hard Kings fans who want to see the team win a cup.

Sure there are one or two people who have other agendas but other than that I think we are all a great bunch of Kings fans.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I said already last year after winning SC. This team will win at least one cup in next five years. After this year PO run I'm even more sure becaues last season you couldn't tell how they'll react in tough situations. This year shows what amazing character this team have.

Like always there will be needed some luck with injuries...

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I see you as important. I see the other "negative" posters as important too. To me it is important that every voice be heard. It helps everyone solidify their true thoughts and feelings about things. We all frustrate each other from time time (some of us frustrate people more than others myself included) but we all want the same thing. We want to see the Kings win the cup. That is the most important part of the HF experience to me.

We could all find this sort of thing elsewhere. Some of us by playing the game. Some of us by hanging out with friends or even on other websites but for the most part I like the fact that no matter what we are all die hard Kings fans who want to see the team win a cup.

Sure there are one or two people who have other agendas but other than that I think we are all a great bunch of Kings fans.

It's just not like me to gush over things. I'm not that type of guy. I'm not going to sit here and praise the boys. I call out people because I expect more from them. I expect greatness out of everything in my life, including the Kings. I'm hard on them because I ****ING CARE. I just want the best. And to be honest, we didn't get that this series. It's tough but I'm still damn proud of them getting this far.

Ron*

Can't go to the airport to welcome them back. Fans not cleared. :(

Ron*

I'm so proud of our Kings. So. Damn. Proud.

Back in 2011 if you told me we would win a Stanley Cup in one of the most dominant runs in history and then go back to the Western Conference Finals, right after losing to the Sharks, I would have laughed in your face. But we did it! We won the Cup!

The way we've played, coming back against the Blues to win, beating the Sharks in seven, and eventually losing in 2OT to the class of the NHL, I can't be disappointed. I know I should be angry, saddened, and even disgusted, but I have a giant grin.

Dean assembled a tremendous team that is full of heart, will, and passion. I could never be angry at this team after their gutsy defense.

When the dust settles and everything is revealed, I believe our team will be exposed and very injured. From top to bottom we have banged up guys. This isn't an excuse, but rather proof that the boys, through all of this, played with the heart of a champion regardless of their health.

I see very big things for our Kings next year. Insane center depth, stifling defense, and the best goalie in the league will lead us on numerous more deep runs.

The emergence of our younger players proves this team has only scratched their potential. From the emergence of Slava Voynov to the display of raw talent within Tyler Toffoli, I believe our best years are ahead of us.

Losing hurts, but this will light another fire under this team.

Is it October yet?

Go Kings Go!

What a great post. How about this ****ing post? :)

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Absolutely agree. 6 straight series wins. Never thought I would see the day. Proud of every one of them, even Kopi and Brown. No quit in this team. Lets get healthy, and get back to it. Can't wait for next season. Love this team.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
**** all the spoiled bandwagoners who didn't endure the tough years, the pain to watch the Dorks won a Cup, the **** we were a Mickey Mouse organization for decades.

This team made our dreams come true, they won't ever be forgotten.
Next year we'll be back stronger than ever....thanks for another great run, proud of our guys.

And btw, RP, great thread.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
**** all the spoiled bandwagoners who didn't endure the tough years, the pain to watch the Dorks won a Cup, the **** we were a Mickey Mouse organization for decades.

This team made our dreams come true, they won't ever be forgotten.
Next year we'll be back stronger than ever....thanks for another great run, proud of our guys.

And btw, RP, great thread.

Hear, hear! Some of us around here stuck around during the dark days of the post-Gretzky era Kings, having to endure the likes of Vladimir Tsyplakov, Brad Smyth, Kai Nurminen, Vitali Yachmenev, etc. as top six forwards.

Then after some short lived success with Andy Murray behind the bench, this team started to fall apart when they lost Deadmarsh and Allison to injuries and we had to get adjusted to seeing Derek Armstrong and Trent Klatt as top six forwards.

The first few years under Dean Lombardi with Marc Crawford behind the bench was very tough, but I think a majority of us loyal fans saw the light at the end of the tunnel with what they had in Anze Kopitar, and then when they drafted Doughty and had Voynov fall to their laps in 2008, it seemed to really get the team going and they've gone upwards since then and reached a whole new level under Darryl Sutter.

If there is one thing we can take away from the past two years, it is the consistency in the team's effort. They look prepared to take on any opponent any night and now we have the confidence in this team in not being afraid of any opponent that's on the opposite end of the ice. I never once had that feeling as a Kings fan, and to enjoy that for now in our life long devotion as Kings fans is a very rewarding feeling. Nothing but pride in this team and the organization from top to bottom.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad