This Team Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Last of the injuries are on the defensive end.
Dumo/Marino/Lidstom/Orr will not be helping the sad state of this team at this point.
No scoring, gutless leaders so far on that front.

Guentzel injury seems to have been a season breaker for this sad lot.

None of Bruce Springsteen's bitching about M4rray or the dude convinced Crosby has OCD will make it any better.

Need a real re-evaluation this coming offseason, minus any draft picks of course.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
66e15ae08f4f3c64f8fdeefa255b9047.jpg

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Last of the injuries are on the defensive end.
Dumo/Marino/Lidstom/Orr will not be helping the sad state of this team at this point.
No scoring, gutless leaders so far on that front.

Guentzel injury seems to have been a season breaker for this sad lot.

None of Bruce Springsteen's bitching about M4rray or the dude convinced Crosby has OCD will make it any better.

Need a real re-evaluation this coming offseason, minus any draft picks of course.
But other than that we're Gold, yes?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
All Sullivan (and some people here) care about is speed. Icing the fastest team possible. Doesn't matter if they can actually play hockey, score goals, win a puck battle, etc. Just seeing them fly up and down the ice is cool.

One of Sullivan or JR needs to go. They have different visions for the type of team they want.

Reactions: Pens x

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
All Sullivan (and some people here) care about is speed. Icing the fastest team possible. Doesn't matter if they can actually play hockey, score goals, win a puck battle, etc. Just seeing them fly up and down the ice is cool.

One of Sullivan or JR needs to go. They have different visions for the type of team they want.

huh?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We should have a special thread for all hot takes and/or broken record posters. Honestly, a huge amount of the posters on this site (not just the Pens subforum) seem far happier when they say "I told you that the team sucks, here is why" than when the team wins. It's pretty funny, actually, as long as one doesn't take it too seriously.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

Look at the trades and signings the last few years with guys like Reaves, Guds, Oleksiak, Cole, Wilson, etc. Sully hated them all, and JR then had to correct his 'mistakes' by trading them for pennies on the dollar. It hurt the team.

IMO, JR wants a balanced team. Sully wants Sid, Geno, and 10 Dominick Simon's skating around out there.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
flyers fan coming in peace, i think the penguins have taken a step back when fleury left, murray couldnt stay healthy that hurt his development because he had alot of pentential, it's just he couldnt stay healthy, he didnt get hurt i think the pens would be on top of the caps.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
flyers fan coming in peace, i think the penguins have taken a step back when fleury left, murray couldnt stay healthy that hurt his development because he had alot of pentential, it's just he couldnt stay healthy, he didnt get hurt i think the pens would be on top of the caps.
The team went to hell when JR starting making one bone headed decision after another since the day we lifted the last cup, but I blame last season’s playoff failure and our skid since the team has gotten healthy, on sully.

I think JR created a decent roster heading into the playoff this year, if we make it. The Kahun trade was dumb and unnecessary, but the biggest problem over the last year has been Sully.

The two of them have performed below par since the cup.

Reactions: tucson83

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

MAF is a curse word here.

The downfall started with JJ and the escalation of commitment around him.

But this team ain't buried yet

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
The team went to hell when JR starting making one bone headed decision after another since the day we lifted the last cup, but I blame last season’s playoff failure and our skid since the team has gotten healthy on sully.

I think he has created a decent roster heading into the playoff this year, if we make it. The biggest problem over the last year has been Sully. The two of them have performed below par since the cup.

maybe, it's just surprising that this team would quit on sully so quicky after winning two cups not long ago.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
maybe, it's just surprising that this team would quit on sully so quicky after winning two cups not long ago.
They completely quit on him last spring. We are another year removed from that cup nearly 3 years ago, so I’m not surprised.

Is there any chance Jake makes it back this year? We don’t stand a chance with Sheary or Simon on our top line.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
They completely quit on him last spring. We are another year removed from that cup nearly 3 years ago, so I’m not surprised.

Is there any chance Jake makes it back this year? We don’t stand a chance with Sheary or Simon on our top line.

the best chance he can come back is may and depends on if he's ready or not when it comes to his rehab and if the pens make it that far. more realistically it will probably be june.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad