This team is terrible without Karlsson

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
I am surprised and happy so far with where the Sens are in the standings however I just wanted to point out (because people keep saying how the sens keep on winning); the Sens only have 1 win in their last 7 games.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I am surprised and happy so far with where the Sens are in the standings however I just wanted to point out (because people keep saying how the sens keep on winning); the Sens only have 1 win in their last 7 games.

Twos add up quicker than ones & ones add up quicker than zeroes. :)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's mind boggling how negative some people are with their cups half empty all the time. This team is winning without (arguably) their top 4 or 5 players, they have exceeded all expectations. They are managing to stay in a playoff race in numerous one goal games which are exciting right to the last second & have lost a lot of games due to the stupid skills competition shootout. They have played the best teams in the Eastern Conference & beaten most & taken the best right to the shootout. How can that not be exciting to watch? Would you feel better if they were losing consistently every night? :shakehead

Everybody in the league is talking about their resilience, how they keep winning, how they are fun to watch & then we read here from their own fans that they are boring to watch. Isn't winning suppose to be fun? I guess there are some that just enjoy watching the pretty boys skate around the perimeter waiting for the perfect tic tac toe pass to score a highlight reel goal which they can admire later while still losing by three. I love the rough & tough hockey game fighting for lose pucks, good defensive play, hard hits, dropping the mitts & great goaltending & that is basically what we are getting, real true hockey the way it was meant to be played in Canada & not European pond hockey. Terrible thread. We should be applauding this team for not quitting the way they used to in the past, give them credit for never giving up in any game & fighting to the last second in every game, it's commendable. :handclap:

Why is everything an outrage to you?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
This team has surely over-achieved relative to our expectations. And battles so pluckily it seems like surely now reality is about to set in. Perhaps. Maybe though we will come to raise our expectations too.

That win over the habs almost defined our little train that could. But the positive adjustments in the following loss to the habs were pretty good too.

I'm not sure it would be most accurate to say that the playoffs in this mediocre east are a longshot for the Sens, but definitely it is a challenge that will be no small feat to accomplish.

The one thing i worry about is what we used to see with the old leaf teams a lot how they would overachieve and beat us when injured and playing with call ups, but then when their stars returned we beat them again and they struggled. Perhaps because the other players let up in deference to the return of the stars who they now rely on to do it. Or when the current players getting credit for peskiness are returned to lower roles their ability to remain pesky is lessened a little.

I havent heard much tank talk lately. When Karlsson went down, it was overwhelming. And slowly since he went down, it has dissapeared. Perhaps the more accurate thread title would be that we thought this teams would be terrible without Karlsson. Instead they have become plucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad