Post-Game Talk (GBU): This team is so good they only have to show up for one period

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G: Third period. Thankful I didn't turn it off after two.
Deslauriers. The kid's on fire.
Stewart has been good lately. Has had some nice hard passes last few games and his finnish after a give and go with Stafford had class.
Girgensons. So strong. Covered the puck well before the goal. Also had one hell of a wrister that whistled by the net, with no announcement what so ever.
Stafford deserves a mention. As does Flynn.
Enroth. What's his shootout stats? It feels like he is really hard to score on in shootouts.

B: Refs. Some weak calls, both ways.
Benoit can't handle the puck.
Grigorenko was invisible. Maybe not bad, just... invisible.

U: Powerplay.
Our draftpicks! :cry:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Drew, good.
Des, great.
Girgs is unbelievable. His value is as high as anybody, just lifts everybody in the team up.
Gorges, good.

Hodgson is just ineffective, not that he was particularly bad. It's just sad that he never hit the next stage of development.
Risto hurt, bad.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- came back from 3-0 deficit to win in a shootout
- Enroth
- D-Lo
- Stafford
- Kaleta
- Zemgus

B- Stewart penalty after the whistle before intermission

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
U : The Islanders fan sitting behind their bench who tossed his jersey at the players after the shootout ended. They did not take kindly to that.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
G- came back from 3-0 deficit to win in a shootout
- Enroth
- D-Lo
- Stafford
- Kaleta
- Zemgus

B- Stewart penalty after the whistle before intermission
Clutterbuck kinda flopped, Nolan said clutterbuck acted like he was going to do the same thing but bailed out last second. Cud just be a coach protecting his player

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Bad: I fell asleep during the second intermission...

Could be worse...I met some Canadians out last night that left in the 2nd period when it was 3-0...they couldn't believe it when I told them the final score, lol :laugh:

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Stafford in the third was fantastic. He's so strong on the puck when he's on his game and makes great passes.

Girgensons on the shorty. He's incredible at protecting the puck.

Deslauriers is really heating up. I had kind of given up hopes of his AHL offensive prowess translating to the NHL, but I might have given up too soon. Could just be a short hot streak, but his offensive instincts are pretty good, and he's got a great shot. He's got an interesting combination of skills. Great hitter, hard shot, shows flashes of smart passing, decent skater, willingness to drive to the net, can play D in a pinch, and willing to drop the mitts. He has the potential to be a true power forward, although I'm still a bit skeptical about his offensive upside.

Moulson did not look good. Was hoping he'd want to impress his old team more.

Gorges made a few gaffes last night. I respect him as a player, but he's made some pretty bad plays since he's back. Still, it's pretty amazing that we won a game with 5 D for most of the game - and 3 of them were Mess, Benoit and Weber.

Fun comeback!

Fabi

Jul 8, 2013
Still, it's pretty amazing that we won a game with 5 D for most of the game - and 3 of them were Mess, Benoit and Weber.

Weber was one of our best D-man in my mind. he plays a very good, solid season for us.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Funny thing about the tread title. It reminded me of the Drury/Briere Sabres. It wasn't unusual for them to be out played for two periods and still win. And no I'm not comparing the teams. But the thread title certainly fit the team back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad