This Season's GDTs - Sign up or First come/first serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Last year we had a sign up for the GDT makers. The guys did an exceptional job, but I'm not sure any one poster wants to commit to an entire season.

Should we have a sign up sheet, formalizing the process, or leave it open?

One problem might be that some of the GDTs take a lot of work. It would be rough to have someone working on it only to be displaced by a Mindfly-like GDT with three words in the OP. ;)

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Maybe have people claim them a month at a time? ie. last week of october make a thread for the november games and have people sign up for those?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
One problem might be that some of the GDTs take a lot of work. It would be rough to have someone working on it only to be displaced by a Mindfly-like GDT with three words in the OP. ;)

I'd vote for a sign-up sheet based on this statement.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

how about two GDT? one for people who love to scroll and one for people who hate it. :D

RedWingsNow*

first come first serve.
No need to wait for someone to post fancy graphics to start the convo

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I like the idea of a sign-up sheet.

Its nice to know ahead of time which games are yours. The more time we have to work on them the better they should be.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
first come first serve.
No need to wait for someone to post fancy graphics to start the convo

If we go this route I probably wont be doing any more.

Most of the ones I make take a while and are made specifically for individual games I'm not going to put that kind of work into one if I'm not 100% certain I'll get to use it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am not good enough with photo shop or anything, but I think this should be the image for the March 6th, 2014 game.

LidstromBannerRaise.jpg

That would be my request for the season. I like the fun ones especially FlashyG, but would like that GDT to be somewhat about that.

I think we have enough people to sign up, but there should be a point in time, like noon gameday where if it isn't up, well the thread gets started and the slick graphics have lost out.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I am not good enough with photo shop or anything, but I think this should be the image for the March 6th, 2014 game.

LidstromBannerRaise.jpg

That would be my request for the season. I like the fun ones especially FlashyG, but would like that GDT to be somewhat about that.

I think we have enough people to sign up, but there should be a point in time, like noon gameday where if it isn't up, well the thread gets started and the slick graphics have lost out.

You should sign up for that one...If you want any help with Photoshopping just PM me your idea(s) and I'll either try to complete your vision or help you complete it.

JmanWingsfan did one last year with a little of my help and it came out very well.

I think that you're on the right track to a great one.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
is it possible that no matter how the decision is, the GDT would be created early in the morning? maybe with a placeholder and the fancy stuff will be added later.

but on gamedays a lot happens and we're among the only boards where there's no thread to talk about the news on a gameday.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

LidstromBannerRaise.jpg

That is an awesome picture

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
is it possible that no matter how the decision is, the GDT would be created early in the morning? maybe with a placeholder and the fancy stuff will be added later.

but on gamedays a lot happens and we're among the only boards where there's no thread to talk about the news on a gameday.

I can only speak for myself but I post mine at Midnight the day of the game.

There were minor exceptions last year, like when the team played on back to back nights and the 1st game didn't end until after midnight. I won't post the next games GDT until the first game is over.

RedWingsNow*

Agreed

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It was photoshopped dude

He didn't say it wasn't photoshopped, dude.

First come first serve would be pointless for those people who actually want to put work into their GDTs, only to see an impatient fan post the thread themselves because they can't help but talk about it at 6 in the morning.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

There were minor exceptions last year, like when the team played on back to back nights and the 1st game didn't end until after midnight. I won't post the next games GDT until the first game is over.

that's perfect of course. but i remember days when the GDTs were pretty late. during preseason the same, although that doesn't count. ;)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

Yes, I think we should let the new GDT go up as soon as the prior game is over (if it's the previous night), and/or 10 PM or so. We have a ton of European members who might like to see the thread once their day starts. It would be nice to avoid being here at noon or 2 PM on gameday with still no GDT.

If there's nothing up by Midnight Eastern the day before, anyone should be able to throw something together.

Placeholder OPs should be fine too.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Maybe just keep this as the sign-up thread with the first post being updated each time someone signs up. First come first serve, but you need to give at least a few days notice. If your GDT sucks, you can't do anymore, simple as that. I don't want any of this BS I see on other boards (*cough*Washington*cough*)

So with that out of the way, I'll take our game against Philly next Saturday. What I'll do is just start the thread in the morning (my time) and then update with graphics, lineups, etc when I get back home.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
If we go this route I probably wont be doing any more.

Most of the ones I make take a while and are made specifically for individual games I'm not going to put that kind of work into one if I'm not 100% certain I'll get to use it.

Just keep a placeholder Flashy. If your GDT is ready at midnight, then perfect, if you need time just start the thread with the title and stuff and update when it's ready. I love your GDT's man, don't stop :cry:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Maybe just keep this as the sign-up thread with the first post being updated each time someone signs up. First come first serve, but you need to give at least a few days notice.

Sounds like a fair plan. That's what we did last year.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Okay, if someone wants to start a GDT Sign Up thread, that would be great.

We can go month by month, so put the October schedule in the OP, or 2 month intervals if you like, but something manageable. All season would be harder to track and update methinks.

I'll sticky it, and/or get the mods notified to pay attention to the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad