Value of: This package for a top pairing D to the Leafs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ridiculous comment showing anti leaf bias. A 21 year old defence prospect who is a virtual lock to be an NHLer and has top 4 upside only a B prospoect

Liljegren being a virtual lock to be a NHL player and has top 4 upside? That makes him a grade A and I'm being bias calling him a B+? You need to go sit down somewhere and take a break. You are way to sensitive between the difference of A- and B+. You seriously think that is anti Leaf Bias?

Sandin = Grade A
Liljegren = Grade B+

There is no Anti Leafs Bias coming from me.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
B+ prospect. Nothing wrong with that. He could turn into a top 4D. I don't have him as a Grade A. Maybe you can make a argument that he is a A- but then were talking a very minuscule gap and your sensitivity between B+ and A- comes into full effect

I mean, I guess that depends on what you consider A, B, whatever. But he was drafted at 29, and pretty quickly considered to be a big steal at that point. Most publications put him in the top 15 in a redraft, at least. and that was last year, before he had another great year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a top 10 in articles this year. I think it goes a little beyond "could be" a second pairing dman, he tops out as a first pairing, quite easily at this point. He's shown that much without a doubt. He could very well be a top 4 D, THIS coming season.

Sandin was one of the best picks of the draft, considering where he was taken.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean, I guess that depends on what you consider A, B, whatever. But he was drafted at 29, and pretty quickly considered to be a big steal at that point. Most publications put him in the top 15 in a redraft, at least. and that was last year, before he had another great year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a top 10 in articles this year. I think it goes a little beyond "could be" a second pairing dman, he tops out as a first pairing, quite easily at this point. He's shown that much without a doubt. He could very well be a top 4 D, THIS coming season.

Sandin was one of the best picks of the draft, considering where he was taken.

Sandin = Grade A
Liljegren = B+

Liljegren is not on Sandin's level

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Liljegren being a virtual lock to be a NHL player and has top 4 upside? That makes him a grade A and I'm being bias calling him a B+? You need to go sit down somewhere and take a break. You are way to sensitive between the difference of A- and B+. You seriously think that is anti Leaf Bias?
Liljegren is looking like he will certainly be an NHL player, and yes, he could end up top 4. There are some pretty silly evaluations thrown around by posters here, but you're really arguing some pretty reasonable ones.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Sandin = Grade A
Liljegren = B+

Liljegren is not on Sandin's level

I agree that Liljegren is not on Sandin's level. He's definitely a step below. Sandin has taken huge steps and looked great ever since the draft. Liljegren has looked great at times, and struggled others, for various reasons. Some out of his control, and he just may not have the same potential. But when fully healthy he definitely has looked like he could be a good dman. No star, but a solid dman.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Liljegren is looking like he will certainly be an NHL player, and yes, he could end up top 4. There are some pretty silly evaluations thrown around by posters here, but you're really arguing some pretty reasonable ones.

Just cause he might crack the NHL, it don't make him a A prospect. He's among the worse in the AHL in +/- when you compare him to all the other D. He needs to learn how to be reliable in his own end. Not saying he won't... But I don't see Grade A prospect today.

Sometimes I think some Leafs fans think Defenseman don't have to play D.

Sandin = Grade A
Liljegren = Grade B+

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree that Liljegren is not on Sandin's level. He's definitely a step below. Sandin has taken huge steps and looked great ever since the draft. Liljegren has looked great at times, and struggled others, for various reasons. Some out of his control, and he just may not have the same potential. But when fully healthy he definitely has looked like he could be a good dman. No star, but a solid dman.

So then why do you think I'm being Anti Leafs calling Liljegren a B+? Cause you think Sandin is a blue chip guaranteed next Rielly and Liljegren is just behind him? I don't understand why you got all upset

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Just cause he might crack the NHL, it don't make him a A prospect. He's among the worse in the AHL in +/- when you compare him to all the other D. He needs to learn how to be reliable in his own end. Not saying he won't... But I don't see Grade A prospect today.

Sometimes I think some Leafs fans think Defenseman don't have to play D.

Sandin = Grade A
Liljegren = Grade B+

You are way to sensitive

I'm sensitive? Uhh, I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't really care about Grade A, Grade B. That can mean different things to different people.

But again, I take issue with the language you use. "might crack the NHL". he's looked like he could fill in on the third pairing and be serviceable already, and he's still reasonably young. The way his development has gone, it's not "might crack", it's fully likely he will be a regular leaf at some point. It's possible he isn't, but I see that as unlikely. I would SAFELY project him as third pairing, with potential to be second pairing. How likely is second pairing? I don't really know. But at this point I would say he's far more likely to be an NHL regular than not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm sensitive? Uhh, I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't really care about Grade A, Grade B. That can mean different things to different people.

But again, I take issue with the language you use. "might crack the NHL". he's looked like he could fill in on the third pairing and be serviceable already, and he's still reasonably young. The way his development has gone, it's not "might crack", it's fully likely he will be a regular leaf at some point. It's possible he isn't, but I see that as unlikely. I would SAFELY project him as third pairing, with potential to be second pairing. How likely is second pairing? I don't really know. But at this point I would say he's far more likely to be an NHL regular than not.

Haha. You called another poster anti Leafs bias and now you don't care about the difference between A and B+ which is what I have been saying all along. You do know what I am talking about and I called you out on your BS. Just admit it... you overlooked the situation

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
So then why do you think I'm being Anti Leafs calling Liljegren a B+? Cause you think Sandin is a blue chip guaranteed next Rielly and Liljegren is just behind him? I don't understand why you got all upset
I think you're confusing posters, I don't care what arbitrary grade you give any of them. As I said, grade A, grade B, that can mean different things to different people. And Sandin is not on the same level as a prospect as Rielly was at the same age either. And I'm not upset at all. I would definitely say Sandin is a blue chip prospect, but again, that's a subjective term.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Haha. You called another poster anti Leafs bias and now you don't care about the difference between A and B+ which is what I have been saying all along. You do know what I am talking about and I called you out on your BS. Just admit it... you overlooked the situation

I think you've missed that you're talking to 2 different people.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You think Liljegren is on track to be a Sanheim, Morrisey, Pulock, or Theodore? Yeah, the Leafs need RD and Sandin the younger LD has played more NHL games so far. Let me guess, Sandin is the next Karlson and Liljegren is the next Pulock?

Liljegren could be a good top 4D someday but he has a lot of work to do to get there. He needs to get better in his own end which is the most important thing and so many guys have struggled in that area

Lining up what he's done at the same age is not the same as saying "this is who he will become".

what it does is show that his performance is not out of line with other highly rated prospects. The NHL is another story, but the way he's performed in the AHL is something that would normally project with an NHL dman.

The other guy says "lock", I wouldn't use that term. Prospects often go in very different directions. But, as I've already said, I think by the way he's developed, he's far more likely to be an NHL player than one who falls short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad