Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Can anyone link the documents that our owners put together with all the arena proposal details/pictures? I can’t find it anywhere, I hope someone knows what I’m talking about

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Whats going on?

Nothing at the moment. Tempe probably won’t bring it to the council until July when they swear in the three new members.

Meanwhile expect a lot of complaining about the project coming from low key alphabet named groups you’ve never heard of getting backed by the key groups who do not want this arena to be built.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Drove out to the potential arena site yesterday out of curiosity's sake. Location is, as everyone has said, really good. A bit further west than ideal, but it's not like you're going to demolish and replace Tempe Marketplace. :D

Hoping that Meruelo has a plan for easing ingress/egress options. As it stands it could be problematic on game nights. But that area is always moderately congested so I don't know what remedies he can make outside of the development itself.

Also, I confirmed for myself that the odds of me ever seeing another Coyotes game are near zero. That drive is a killer for me.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Drove out to the potential arena site yesterday out of curiosity's sake. Location is, as everyone has said, really good. A bit further west than ideal, but it's not like you're going to demolish and replace Tempe Marketplace. :D

Hoping that Meruelo has a plan for easing ingress/egress options. As it stands it could be problematic on game nights. But that area is always moderately congested so I don't know what remedies he can make outside of the development itself.

Also, I confirmed for myself that the odds of me ever seeing another Coyotes game are near zero. That drive is a killer for me.

From my brief map recon, it looks like the existing street car line is a short walk from the proposed stadium site. Some fans might find it's best to park a mile or two away along the street car. This is how nearly everyone gets to games in big crowded cities like Boston.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Now you know what the rest of us have been dealing with this entire time! That commute is terrible on a weekday.

Does anyone know when they're going to release ticket package details?

Spoke to the member services person about this during one of the intermissions yesterday, she didn't know anything about prices or timeline. I think it's safe to assume prices will go up but not the worst idea to get on the mailing list. Hopefully the Tempe stadium gets approved and prices can go back down again once we able to move into an actual arena

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Now you know what the rest of us have been dealing with this entire time! That commute is terrible on a weekday.

Spoke to the member services person about this during one of the intermissions yesterday, she didn't know anything about prices or timeline. I think it's safe to assume prices will go up but not the worst idea to get on the mailing list. Hopefully the Tempe stadium gets approved and prices can go back down again once we able to move into an actual arena
Prices go back down…. That’s funny!
Prices don’t go back down. They are attempting to create a hot ticket and never look back….. or I could be wrong and this is a benevolent ownership.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Prices go back down…. That’s funny!
Prices don’t go back down. They are attempting to create a hot ticket and never look back….. or I could be wrong and this is a benevolent ownership.

Prices will have to go down in the big Tempe barn compared to what they will be in the small ASU barn. In the small barn, there are only 5,000 seats at most, Yotes can and should charge at least 50% more than they do now, maybe closer to double. Once they move into an actual stadium again I doubt they'd be able to hold the prices at that same level because they'll have 3x the seats to fill.

Will ticket prices at new Tempe arena end up higher than GRA? Yes, I think so. But I expect that ticket prices at ASU will be higher than both simply because they should be able to sell out 5,000 seats no matter what they charge (within reason)

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Pricing should be like the airlines model. The goal should be to fill every seat while maximizing revenue.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Well, I guess I have my get-out-of-jail-free card now. It's up to you guys from here on out. It's fine, though, I had over 15 years of good times going to games with my kids. Someone else can use whatever seats I might have bought for the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad