This is Russia: Life in the KHL - Doctors, bazas and millions of air miles

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/28316/this-is-russia-life-in-the-khl-money

here u can read one chapter of Bernd Bruckler's book
pretty interesting read :)

i hope for continuation ....

Well, in the time being most salaries had already been paid via credit (or debit) cards. In big cities at least. So they got money in cash only in very few cases. To dodge some taxations for example. Not salary taxations, but social, pensionary, medical etc ones (there were quite a few of them). Those taxations were paid by employers, and obviously not every employer was happy to pay them. Or another case could be that money had come from not a completely legal source. Who knew who the sponsor was and where did he get the money.

Last edited:

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Well, in the time being most salaries had already been paid via credit (or debit) cards. In big cities at least. So they got money in cash only in one case - to dodge some taxations. Not salary taxations, but social, pensionary, medical etc ones (there were a lot of them). Those taxations were paid by employers, and obviously not every employer was happy to pay them. Or it was possible that those money wasn't very legal. I mean they could come from not a completely legal source. Who knew who the sponsor was and where did he get the money.

He clarified that they just switched banks, so they had no cards issued yet. It was a single payment. I'm not sure how it works in Russian pro hockey, but that's a pretty believable situation.

Except for the unbelievable amount of money paid to mediocrities, ofc.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He clarified that they just switched banks, so they had no cards issued yet. It was a single payment. I'm not sure how it works in Russian pro hockey, but that's a pretty believable situation.

Except for the unbelievable amount of money paid to mediocrities, ofc.

Ah, perhaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad