This is Montreal's 12 forward for tonights game, how many make your team?

How many of these forward make your line-up?

• Total voters

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

How many of these forward would make your line-up and what is your team?

This isn't a thread to destroy the Habs since I'm a fan of the team myself, just pure curiosity. Honestly, I feel half of this offensive squad is AHL caliber.

Evergreen

Hoffman, Suzuki, Lehkonen, Drouin, Armia, and Caufield would be locks. Perrault is likely, Paquette and Peohling would also have a shot.

Reactions: banks and Maelpj93

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
All at once or individually? Because the Canucks start Lammikko and Chiasson every night, so they probably all have a chance

Lol, you must not have tuned in this past week to Canucks games. We're on a 3 game winning streak and guys are waking up offensively.

Of course guys like Suzuki (probably for Dickinson and to play up the middle for faceoffs)/ Lehkonen (for Chiasson who doesn't bring much to the team)/ Chiarot/ Romanov/ Savard (we need LHD for 3rd pairing and defensive support on RD) have strong cases to make it, but even someone like Caufield wouldn't be necessary since our top 3 RW's are Boeser (starting to score again), Garland (skilled and gritty like a Gallagher) and Hoglander (a Garland-lite).

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
All at once or individually? Because the Canucks start Lammikko and Chiasson every night, so they probably all have a chance
All at once, as in how many player of your line-up would you drop for any of the 12 forwards the Habs are icing tonight.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lol, you must not have tuned in this past week to Canucks games. We're on a 3 game winning streak and guys are waking up offensively.

Of course guys like Suzuki (probably for Dickinson and to play up the middle for faceoffs)/ Lehkonen (for Chiasson who doesn't bring much to the team)/ Chiarot/ Romanov/ Savard (we need LHD for 3rd pairing and defensive support on RD) have strong cases to make it, but even someone like Caufield wouldn't be necessary since our top 3 RW's are Boeser (starting to score again), Garland (skilled and gritty like a Gallagher) and Hoglander (a Garland-lite).

Im a Canucks fan, but go off lol.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Don’t teams usually get a new coach bounce when they hire a new guy?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks will take most of the D.
But on forward probably only 4 or 5 guys mostly on the fourth line as they are pretty solid in the top six. Suzuki obviously would be a prime player and Drouin would be good add.

Reactions: Maelpj93

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A fully healthy Pens roster (which never happens):

Suzuki, Hoffman and Drouin find a spot, though the latter two might not given Sullivan's preference for player style.

Armia and Lehkonen are interchangeable with a guy like ZAR, but Sullivan loves ZAR so they probably don't make it over him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
All at once, as in how many player of your line-up would you drop for any of the 12 forwards the Habs are icing tonight.

In that case, hard to say. Probably 4 or 5. Suzuki obviously. I’ve actually always liked Lehkonen and he’s someone who can kind of move up and down the lineup. He’d be better for that role than Pearson. Assuming adding Suzuki means Miller moving back to wing, Poehling, Perreault or Paquette would probably slot in at 4C, unless they wanted to put Dickinson back at center. I don’t think they’d put both of Hoffman and Drouin in at the same time, as the team already has issues defensively and is a bit soft. Adding Hoffman as an extra PP weapon would probably be the move, though maybe Caufield could take that spot as well. I think Armia would also make it as well, despite a slow start this year. He adds an extra PKer. So Suzuki, Lehkonen, Armia, probably one of Poehling/Perreault/Paquette, and one of Hoffman/Drouin/Caufield.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Healthy or currently? I voted 5 for currently

Currently :

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Drouin - Suzuki - Hoffman
Formenton - Stutzle - Brown
Paul - Poehling - Lehkonen
Sanford

* Armia on the fence, I prefer Lehkonen. Caufield not NHL ready

Healthy :

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Suzuki - Hoffman
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Drouin - Paul - White
Crookshank

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Funny how Drouin makes everyone else's roster but we keep hearing how he's terrible even from our own fans.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I think Suzuki/Hoffman/Caufield/Drouin make every other NHL roster.
Caufield doesnt make the Leafs yet but would be terrifying with a (Healthy) Robertson/ Ho-Sang duo in the AHL haha.
Funny how Drouin makes everyone else's roster but we keep hearing how he's terrible even from our own fans.
"Terrible" is relative to salary a lot of the time. Look how many people say/said Marner is terrible.

Drouin makes the leafs just to fill in our left side.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Suzuki
Armia
- - - Kampf - - - Kase
Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014

He's terrible for what we need him to be - a French Canadian Superstar Savior. He'll certainly never be a Rocket, Beliveau, or Lafleur. And he's not even close to what a guy like Turgeon was.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Drouin beats out the 12th forward on someones team
You: Wow everyone wants Drouin. OMG!!! We're so lucky to have him *blushes and then arrogantly smirks*
Drouin would easily make the 3rd line of EVERY team in the NHL.
Run along with your 12th forward garbage.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He's terrible for what we need him to be - a French Canadian Superstar Savior. He'll certainly never be a Rocket, Beliveau, or Lafleur. And he's not even close to what a guy like Turgeon was.
It's not his fault that we are expecting 70/80 pts from a 50/60 pt player.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t even think it’s that bad. I’ve seen far worse on an NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad