this is going to be so hard.. you can only bring back one to the squad now… (in their prime)… who? and why?

this is going to be so hard.. you can only bring back one to the squad now… (in their prime)… who?

• Brandon Saad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam Atkinson

• Matty Calvert

• Ryan Johansen

• Joonas Korpisalo

• Ryan Murray

• Alex Wennberg

• Josh Anderson

• Sonny Milano

• Total voters

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
who….? why them?
You didnt even follow your own rules... :laugh:

Foligno and Dubinsky stuck out instantly from a leadership perspective. Jones would be a good boost to the D that needs help and Bob is another obvious choice as 2 time Vezina winners dont grow on tree's.

I think Id take Dubi. Not only is he a skilled middle 6 shutdown center he can play the role of bad cop on a team that desperatley needs a different type of voice in the room. Foligno would also be a great choice and I went back and forth on it but at this moment right now Id say Dubi

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH

Foligno and Dubinsky stuck out instantly from a leadership perspective. Jones would be a good boost to the D that needs help and Bob is another obvious choice as 2 time Vezina winners dont grow on tree's.

I think Id take Dubi. Not only is he a skilled middle 6 shutdown center he can play the role of bad cop on a team that desperatley needs a different type of voice in the room. Foligno would also be a great choice and I went back and forth on it but at this moment right now Id say Dubi

lol cut me some slack. i’m sorry! aside from calvert. those are the two who stuck out to me instantly as well.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Defense sucks so I voted Jones.

Dubi would be my choice for a forward. Anisimov would be ahead of a lot of those names to me - imagine him playing with good Russian wings. 2014-2015 NHL All-Star Foligno would definitely be a nice addition.

I wonder what our record would be with Vezina-level Bob in net.

Reactions: thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nick Foligno.

I wouldn't have said this 2 years ago but this team needs some f*cking leadership.

Dubinsky would have been my 2nd choice.

This team wouldn't be so soft if we had Foligno and Dubinsky to go along with Gudbranson.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I voted Bob because the guy stole so many games but thinking more about it my pick would be either Jones or Panarin.

Probably Jones though, he was by far this team's best ever defenseman and he's sorely missed around here.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Hmmmmm…..Panarin a write-in candidate? While this team could use Foligno’s leadership, this team needs goaltending. Adding a Vezina winning goalie makes this an easy choice. Give me prime Bob!!

Jones is certainly a worthy choice, but only if he was a package deal that included Brad Shaw to replace McCarthy who has developed nobody.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’s either jones or bob and there’s no debate

I’d probably pick Bob seeing as prime Bob covered up a lot of defensive mistakes and this team makes plenty. While we may not have Seth jones, Jiricek has the potential to be something like that. We don’t have another Bob coming, not even close

Bob

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So many players we could really use, for leadership or for their two way presence. But the answer is easily Vezina Bob.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Is the question for the remainder of the season? Or the next 5 years?

Remainder of season: Foligno. Season’s over, get a leader. Set the culture right.

Next 5 seasons (and they’ll be at their prime for all of those five)? Tough, prob Bobrovsky just because I think we’ve got a lot of talent and potential offensively and a lot of potential defensively, but our goaltending situation for the mid- to long-haul concerns me. Could make an argument for Jones, Johansen, Foligno or Dubinsky too (of the names you listed) I think, and probably in that order.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Remember when we had all those players and we had posters here saying we should blow it up and rebuild because of a lack of f***ing talent?
Remember when tons of posters wanted to trade Bob between his Vezina's during the groin issue years? Or after every playoff loss?

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I’d probably pick Bob seeing as prime Bob covered up a lot of defensive mistakes and this team makes plenty. While we may not have Seth jones, Jiricek has the potential to be something like that. We don’t have another Bob coming, not even close

Bob
I really wasn’t thinking about panarin because to me he was never apart of the core because he didn’t want to be.

But yeah, if he counts still, then it’s panarin. But if we’re just going by the names on the board it’s Bob

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I know I missed the "other" selection altogether. Panarin is obviously an extreme talent that would have to be strongly considered

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Seth Jones AINEC

Panarin next

Dubois

Anyone else

Bob

This wasn’t hard at all. Bob, no contest.

Only answer is Panarin and it’s not even close
It is close and there is a debate. You guys are hilarious.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
8 to 5 with others receiving votes isn’t a debate? A debate is literally what’s happening. Two posts I quoted reference Seth Jones, who has two votes.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I love Foligno as much as anyone here; my closet has two Foligno jerseys. Yet as much as this locker room seems to scream a need for veteran leadership, Bob stopping pucks would have a greater impact. No question Nick would help the culture but we’d still be leaking goals.

One thought to add….if I were coloring outside the lines of the poll, who I’d want back more than anyone might be prime Torts.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
8 to 5 with others receding. Votes isn’t a debate? A debate is literally what’s happening. Two posts I quoted reference Seth Jones, who has two votes.
Make it three. Altho the case for Bob is an extremely strong one and if it wasn't Jones for me it'd be him. (Altho I do miss Atkinson and Foligno... ;) )

Also, I had to check if that sole vote so far for Bjorkstrand was @majormajor because if it was I'd be obliged to permaban him. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad