This is a Blessing in Disguise

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Missing the playoffs will benefit us in the long run. Everyone knew that we couldn't keep the "way" we won up for long. Getting out shot night after night was just an anomaly at the time, but now its quite clear.

We suck... and we're only gonna get better with changes. New coach, new players will go a long way trust me. We have some good pieces in place; Kessel, JVR, Bernier Rielly... We need some re-tooling here or there.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
As far as I am concerned everyone can go other than Kessel, Bozak, JVR, Bernier, Rielly, Gardiner, maybe Kadri. Everyone else can go, if their contract is up let them walk. Bring in new blood.

Old or young I don't care as long as the older guys are actual role models and play hockey how it is meant to be played. Not this ***** **** Dion is playing. Even Gleason went soft since he joined, when he was new here he had something to prove and a chip on his shoulder he must have seen how nobody else gave a **** and stopped himself.

TML FTW*

The only good thing is if carlyle gets fired.

If we made the playoffs that might not happen even if we lost in the first round.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
We'll trade the young players in the offseason and bring in more Clarksons. It's never positive for the Leafs. You should know this by now.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
As far as I am concerned everyone can go other than Kessel, Bozak, JVR, Bernier, Rielly, Gardiner, maybe Kadri. Everyone else can go, if their contract is up let them walk. Bring in new blood.

Old or young I don't care as long as the older guys are actual role models and play hockey how it is meant to be played. Not this ***** **** Dion is playing. Even Gleason went soft since he joined, when he was new here he had something to prove and a chip on his shoulder he must have seen how nobody else gave a **** and stopped himself.

I agree with this. The players you listed as keepers I'd keep, and I'd drop everybody else. Arguments will be made for Kulemin and Gunnarsson, but at the end of the day they've been a part of the same stinking core the past three years themselves.

Organizational overhaul is needed, top to bottom.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I agree with the OP, big changes will come of this instead of spinning the tires with a fantastic offense, and no team defensive structure. If players like Staal or Weber are out there, I say pay the price, as long as it's not Reilly.

TML FTW*

Who are we fooling? There wont be any significant changes in the off-season, its the leafs we are talking about here.

Maybe now that Leiweke is here, he'll be less tolerant of this garbage. He seems pretty competitive. Also, unless Nonis is a total dumb **** he must being feeling the heat. Maybe he'll feel like he has to do something drastic.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Maybe now that Leiweke is here, he'll be less tolerant of this garbage. He seems pretty competitive. Also, unless Nonis is a total dumb **** he must being feeling the heat. Maybe he'll feel like he has to do something drastic.

I can't wait for Nonis to go out of his element and do something drastic :help:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Missing the playoffs will benefit us in the long run. Everyone knew that we couldn't keep the "way" we won up for long. Getting out shot night after night was just an anomaly at the time, but now its quite clear.

We suck... and we're only gonna get better with changes. New coach, new players will go a long way trust me. We have some good pieces in place; Kessel, JVR, Bernier Rielly... We need some re-tooling here or there.

How is this a blessing in disguise?
You have your core locked up at half your salary cap.
These are your guys. The same guys who can't get it done.
Kessel
Phaneuf
Bozak
Lupul
JVR
Clarkson
6 guys almost 40 million.
Enjoy the core. We now live and die with this group for the next 5 years minimum.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

other teams have to take our players:laugh:
we have to steal some good players:laugh: any crack smoking GM ,s out there?:nod:

thinkinfeller

Jun 20, 2010
The only thing the Leafs have succeeded in the last 10 years is failing. Why would this years failure inspire a turn around when none of the previous 9 have?

Politics will always get in the way of how the Maple Leafs are ran - there is no fix.

I can remember something about a couple of hundred Blue Jackets fans showing up to protest the way the team was being ran 2 or 3 years ago. Imagine if a couple hundred thousand Leafs fans flooded the ACC to do the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad