This is a bad hockey team

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's not a bad team. It's just an injured, unfocused, under-achieving team

Namestnikov scores that 4th goal and it's over. Damn frustrating it's an excusable loss, the whole group needs to get it act together once and for all, but I agree it's not a bad team per se.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Honestly, I get this same feeling that I got in 2011. We arent a terrible team... we are just completely average Sure we can win some games, lose some heartbreakers, and have an okay season, but we are always going to be one win streak away from breaking through. It's the worst spot to be in. I either want to be in the playoffs, or have a top 3 pick i nthe draft. Thats just me, though. This season's looking like we are going to be hanging around near the playoffs, but I just dont see us getting there unless there is some major performance changes, and quick.

Also, this is why Sustr's so infuriating. He has these flashes of solid, somewhat brilliant play, but then goes back to his AHL form. Maybe this is his breakthrough stretch, but you just never know with him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Honestly, I get this same feeling that I got in 2011. We arent a terrible team... we are just completely average Sure we can win some games, lose some heartbreakers, and have an okay season, but we are always going to be one win streak away from breaking through. It's the worst spot to be in. I either want to be in the playoffs, or have a top 3 pick i nthe draft. Thats just me, though. This season's looking like we are going to be hanging around near the playoffs, but I just dont see us getting there unless there is some major performance changes, and quick.

Also, this is why Sustr's so infuriating. He has these flashes of solid, somewhat brilliant play, but then goes back to his AHL form. Maybe this is his breakthrough stretch, but you just never know with him.

we just need a 6 game winning streak but we just can't break through

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Sustr has never had a stretch of play like this.

Seriously - He looks like an NHL defenseman.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just remember- it was when Stamkos went down that we found out what we had in Palat and Johnson (with help from MSL of course), and it was another injury (Connolly?) that we found out what we had putting them with Kuch. This is an opportunity for others to step up.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
There is little doubt this team has been performing below expectations.

But trying to stay positive one of the things I remember about 2003/04 is that at the start of 2004 Tampa was sitting in 10th spot in the East.

I looked it up and Tampa was 16 points behind the top team in the East on Jan 2. That team was the Flyers. On Jan 3rd Tampa beat the Flyers 6-1 and would be the catalyst for a final stretch of play where the team would only lose 6 games in regulation (and only another 6 in OT) over the final 45 games. The team would finish 1st in the East and only 3 points behind the President trophy winning Red Wings.

There is still a sliver of hope that the team turns this around.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Yesterday began a stretch of 17 in 24 at home. If they aren't in a playoff position by the end of this stretch, which, mind you, will take us into the last 1/4 of the season, then I'll be really concerned. This is the Lightning's best chance to make a move in the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad