chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
hqdefault.jpg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean...

Yeah. When over half the league makes the playoffs and you're out of the playoff picture nearly halfway through the season - yeah, you're bad.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
There is literally an entire line of AHL callups on the roster. This season makes me sad.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I like this team. The injuries may be a blessing. JAM has had a chance to shine. When, and if we get guys back, and maybe one move by Stevie Y, this team may really take off.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's true but you're basically the coach of our forum. That guy was like the innocent person walking by with a slight smile, head nod and "good luck guys" with that statement.

Well I'll take what you said as a complement and thank you for it. Either way I like the fact that someone had a smile on their face. I get raging pissed but fortunately I rarely stay mad for more than a few hours. By morning I might be grumpy but I'll be somewhat rational.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What exactly is happening?

I had them winning the division this season.

To go from the scf to this is weird. Well i mean the Bruins went from president trophy winners to missing the playoffs, so i guess anything is possible. Still though.

I still think they will make the playoffs.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Slow start, then injuries before they could shake off the rust, then more injuries. Meanwhile special teams are consistently trash. If the injuries would just let up a bit we'd have a more accurate picture of where we're at. Might still not be good enough, but at least you could start to make sense of it. Bottom line we need more goals, because we're fine at preventing them as long as we're not a man down against a good PP.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
What exactly is happening?

I had them winning the division this season.

To go from the scf to this is weird. Well i mean the Bruins went from president trophy winners to missing the playoffs, so i guess anything is possible. Still though.

I still think they will make the playoffs.

I still think they can make the playoffs but time is running out we need to go on a run soon

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Slow start, then injuries before they could shake off the rust, then more injuries. Meanwhile special teams are consistently trash. If the injuries would just let up a bit we'd have a more accurate picture of where we're at. Might still not be good enough, but at least you could start to make sense of it. Bottom line we need more goals, because we're fine at preventing them as long as we're not a man down against a good PP.

The good news is that your not really that far away from a playoff spot. Just have to pick it up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We have a major hole at C.

Stamkos played his best game in weeks tonight. Credit where it's due. He looked consistently dangerous. That said, he's no longer a top line C. The jury's out on Johnson, but he has to be at 100% before we can full assess the situation.

Either way, good teams are built down the middle. Yzerman built this team down the middle. But there's a huge problem with 1a and 1b right now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Think we are jumping the shrimp on this one. Yeah the team is struggling, we are down 5 main forwards. The AHL guys have looked good, but they are not ready yet to go against the best of the best in the league.

Very dissapointed in guys like Cally who always find a way to score or make that big play, it just is not happening. Stamkos looked a lot better last night, but still was not good enough. Ovi took his team and willed them to win, and they did. That is what we need from Stamkos.

At this point really cannot single out anyone, Stamkos gets the brunt because of the big contract coming up, so we are at a crossroads now. Maybe this game was a wake up call that a change needs to be made. I don't know anymore, just very depressed.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Think we are jumping the shrimp on this one. Yeah the team is struggling, we are down 5 main forwards. The AHL guys have looked good, but they are not ready yet to go against the best of the best in the league.

Very dissapointed in guys like Cally who always find a way to score or make that big play, it just is not happening. Stamkos looked a lot better last night, but still was not good enough. Ovi took his team and willed them to win, and they did. That is what we need from Stamkos.

At this point really cannot single out anyone, Stamkos gets the brunt because of the big contract coming up, so we are at a crossroads now. Maybe this game was a wake up call that a change needs to be made. I don't know anymore, just very depressed.

To be honest with you, OV had no more dangerous opportunities 5x5 than Stamkos. As a matter of fact, I would say Stammer was more dangerous. The difference is OV on the PP. The move he made on Stralman was grest but his team also knows how to pass the puck to get him wide open looks.

I also agree that the doom and gloom is a bit much. For as suck ass as we've player we're only a couple points out of a spot and we're down 5x freaking forwards (including our entire 2nd line).

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I think they said last night that we have 17 out of next 24 at home. I haven't verified that. But the next 90 days will be key. If we could get anywhere close to 35 to 40 out of the possible 48 points, we would be in great shape. I don't care if we get in with the 8th seed, this team, when healthy, is very dangerous. Bishop wasn't very good last night. But I will take 2 out of 3 on the road with the guys we had available to play. My main problem with this team is we a so small. It's ok to have a few small players for a change of pace. But with Johnson, Drouin, Vladdy, Kutch, and the future of Point and DeAngelo, I think we need a least 1 skilled bigger forward. If JAM is kept up, and I think he should be, who is the odd guy out. If Vladdy keeps improving, I would like to get a huge return for Drouin. He is just too turnover prone for me. I think teams would line up for him now, but his value may go down if he doesn't get better with the puck. When is on the line with Stamkos, I almost feel like we need 3 D just to chase down the puck after they turn it over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad