Third Jerseys

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I know there was some talk in the Luc and Rob Show thread, but I figured we could have more concentrated discussion on these garbage jerseys.

2018-19 NHL alternate jerseys

cut.jpg

So many teams got awesome thirds, and we get this. Yikes.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's not ugly. It's just bland, neutral, forgettable and pointless.

Everytime the Kings have an opportunity to come out with a special edition jersey they serve up one of these slightly modified grey jersey's. I don't get it.

Say what you will about the Burger King jersey, but you remember it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm just curious to know if there's anyone out there that actually likes these jerseys. I couldn't find a single positive comment from fans about them on social media. Everything was negative.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm just curious to know if there's anyone out there that actually likes these jerseys. I couldn't find a single positive comment from fans about them on social media. Everything was negative.

i havent heard of anyone that likes them. especially when we have a histort of cool, unique jerseys. it is time to ditch the home plate logo

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Not ugly, but nothing special. Certainly not worth the $200+ they'll command.

It's just another example of the Kings milking that cash cow. Make it as generic as possible to appeal to the masses. The Kings know what's trendy and what will sell. This is a boring ass look that took less than 2 minutes to design.

Most third jerseys are incredibly boring, especially the retro looking ones. The league also knows black is trendy so everyone is doing it now. For god's sake can we get some completely fresh and unique for once?

And I find the marketing very obnoxious, gonna give us teases for weeks and then unveil something this generic. But this is to be expected from marketers and designers, they'd wax poetic about how unique it is when us fans look at it and see something generic.

The Kings should have designed another crown an

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Interesting alternate uniforms for Notre Dame today who are playing Syracuse in Yankee Stadium. I don't love them, but if I was a huge Notre Dame fan, I could see buying this jersey. At least someone got a bit creative with the design.

216a39f6-781e-4a32-aee1-76bc1d5306b7-USATSI_11684593.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Interesting alternate uniforms for Notre Dame today who are playing Syracuse in Yankee Stadium. I don't love them, but if I was a huge Notre Dame fan, I could see buying this jersey. At least someone got a bit creative with the design.

216a39f6-781e-4a32-aee1-76bc1d5306b7-USATSI_11684593.jpg

I love it. for the pinstripes homage to the Yankees and for just a fresh look.

We get a re-used jersey and color.

They could use gold, purple, sparkles or any number of stripes, piping, or accents like socks or pants to do something unique...but nope! Literally like they just recycled all the Stadium Series jerseys

Zachary Wallischek

Nov 18, 2018
I know there was some talk in the Luc and Rob Show thread, but I figured we could have more concentrated discussion on these garbage jerseys.

2018-19 NHL alternate jerseys

cut.jpg

So many teams got awesome thirds, and we get this. Yikes.

They should switch back to the purple and gold jerseys full time, at least those look nice when the team plays like crap, but with these dreary black and grey jerseys it makes it worse

Reactions: Zippgunn

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I have no issue with a grey jersey as it fits with the brand my issues with this jersey are below:

1) It was hyped as a new jersey but is just the 50th anniversary
2) I have the 50th jersey and really liked the gold. Why could the gold not be changed to the Kings Yellow or heaven forbid purple accent?
3) Why use the home plate logo on 3 jerseys. My preference would have been the late 90's crown recolloured but anything would have been better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad